ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - Tell me everything. Sell them to me.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Think you are looking around £250 pm unless they have come down alot in the last couple of months.

Thats about right. At my desired spec, i.e. Ultra Red, Recaro's, cup spoiler, cup suspension, speedlines & carbon trim it came out at roughly the following (give or take a few quid).

5 Years 0% HP: £3.5k deposit, £260 x 60 months
4 Years PCP: £3.5k deposit, £260 x 48 months. £5.5k balloon

I'd be tempted to up the deposit a little more & get the SatNav & Black ID roof as well though. <3 Spec:

Strangely, & despite the steering, im still tempted by one - with the 4 years free servicing & warranty, it is a pretty good deal imho.

Although, the nagging thought would always be that i'd spent 20 grand on a clio (& 12 month old ones are now £12k) ... so i might just wait till they drop below £9k 2nd hand and buy one with cash instead.

Maybe I'm being stupid here. But why would you take option 2?

5 years - £3.5k + £15,600 in repayments = Your car
4 years - £3.5k + £12,480 in repayments = Still owe £5.5k

Obviously if you're just going to hand it back then the latter might be better but you'd like to think it will be worth more than £5k. 197's aren't that cheap now.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Maybe I'm being stupid here. But why would you take option 2?

5 years - £3.5k + £15,600 in repayments = Your car
4 years - £3.5k + £12,480 in repayments = Still owe £5.5k

Obviously if you're just going to hand it back then the latter might be better but you'd like to think it will be worth more than £5k. 197's aren't that cheap now.

Yeah, for me (with a £3.5k deposit to put down), there isnt any point in going for PCP, but if you have a smaller deposit, PCP is the answer. To get the 0% HP, you need to put down a deposit of 20% of initial cost.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm still toying with the black roof. (same colour and spec as you mentioned above, Dave)

We're ordering it at the weekend so I've got to decide whether it's worth £410. FFS.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, but I don't want it to cost 2/3 of the cost of specifying it on the build sheet. lol.

How much is vinyl? :eek:

Someone would wrap the roof for £150 at the very most I expect.

I'm sure SuperFatDan was going to have it done to his.

"Darling, I'm going to add the roof for £410"
"What?! No"
<Insert sulking, bribery and compromises over scatter cushions>

Wait a few days.

"Darling, I've just saved us £260"
"Wow, you're so amazing. How?"
"I'm just going to get the roof wrapped afterwards"

= Happy missus.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Problem with a gloss black roof wrap Chris, is that they scratch quite easily even when washed correctly. They also look a bit "flat". If you're going to go for a black roof, do it properly.

If you don't bother and decide you want it wrapping, get some quotes and give me a shout, I'll beat it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You know that's not how it will go. He'll still be in the bad books for spending the £150..

An orange one
if your wanting the black roof id suggest doing it now, and properly..

As said, i dont think you will ever be fully happy with a vinyl one, your a perfectionist..like me and it will please you knowing that its black, from factory and oem!

The black roof which is £410. Is that added to the overall cost so it just goes on top of your monthly payments? If so an extra 75p a month or whatever isnt going to make a great deal of difference.

Go for it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Black roof looks terrible mate, quite surprised you even considered it.

I30N, LS430, 197
Mine is similar, not got speedlines though imo they look terrible. I'd rather have these, may even get them done black at some point.

My spec list was recaros and cup chassis. Didn't even specify a colour, It's for driving not looking at!

20120219_160742.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely colour that. Surprised they didn't just do capsicum.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Capsicum's much more dull though, far more pink too.

Our 133 was parked next to an Ultra 200 at the dealers. Crazy how different they are.

Going to look at the black roof on Sunday when we order. They've got one UR with and one without. Should be able to decide then.

Also look like the 133 will be going against it as p/x. They've offered us a pretty decent trade-in price for it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent mate, great buy going from 2 Renaults. Capsicum looks immense on the Trophy when clean but I get the "Pink" thing.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree about the trophy red, can look pinkish under some lights, and looks very dull when just a little dirty, when I was looking at 200's I was choosing between UR and SG, great colour choice.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sunday's the day. Spoke to the sales manager today regarding the Twingo as p/x.

Pretty happy with the deal so I just hope it's here before Le Mans!

Projected delivery of 14/5. Le Mans is 14/6. Eek.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sunday's the day. Spoke to the sales manager today regarding the Twingo as p/x.

Pretty happy with the deal so I just hope it's here before Le Mans!

Projected delivery of 14/5. Le Mans is 14/6. Eek.

Dont worry -- its renault-

Build in the +2 months additional wait- should have it by the end of summer

S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not to piss on your chips chris, but my 200 was 5 weeks late....

Lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tend to be worse though when ordered early summer due to the August shut down?

GTD, Lupo
Good to see you are going for it.

Just a word of warning, im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to body work and the paint on mine was shocking. Its been back in for paint work on a couple of occasions and a warranty claim is just going through at the moment to get all 4 wheel arches repainted due to the lacquer lifting where it was applied to heavy and dripped. Very poor so give the car a massive going over when you pick it up.

Enjoy the new cars guys.