ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 owner, new to site

renault clio 200
Hi! My clio 200 is crunching in 3rd and 4th gear, does anyone else have this problem with their 200? Can it be fixed.?Thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Needs a gearbox rebuild. Common fault on the mk3 renaultsports sadly.

Is it under any form of warranty at all @Gemmaa200 ?

renault clio 200
No longer under warranty sadly. I've had it in at Renault and they quoted me £3000 fitted for new gearbox! Just wondering what I can do as I can't afford to pay out that kind of money...

No longer under warranty sadly. I've had it in at Renault and they quoted me £3000 fitted for new gearbox! Just wondering what I can do as I can't afford to pay out that kind of money...
Get on to RUK and tell them about it, they usually offer you something towards the price, how much is anyone's guess. I got 75% towards a new box but as Daniel says needs re building to stop the chance of it happening again.

182 ff
Get on to RUK and tell them about it, they usually offer you something towards the price, how much is anyone's guess. I got 75% towards a new box but as Daniel says needs re building to stop the chance of it happening again.
sorry to bump in .....i want a clio 200 cup for my next car.. the gear box puts me off... why wasnt they all recalled?if everyone is having problems? does the problem only occur after the warranty has ran out/?

I can't really answer that one... Just speaking from my experience. It's not all of them, if you search on clio197.net they have a poll who has had a gearbox replaced. I wouldn't let it put you of buying one, I'd just check throughly that it changes gear smoothly and doesn't crunch.

182 ff
I can't really answer that one... Just speaking from my experience. It's not all of them, if you search on clio197.net they have a poll who has had a gearbox replaced. I wouldn't let it put you of buying one, I'd just check throughly that it changes gear smoothly and doesn't crunch.
your right about contacting Renault uk.. i did about something .i got 25% knocked off.. they are good in that way..

renault clio 200
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that! The thing is when I purchased the car the gearbox was perfect, it's not bad but it is crunching which is worrying. Apart from that I love my 200!

Could try changing the gearbox oil see if that helps? If not I'd get on to ruk on Monday. Good luck though, let us know how you get on.

182 ff
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that! The thing is when I purchased the car the gearbox was perfect, it's not bad but it is crunching which is worrying. Apart from that I love my 200!
say you have owned Renaults before..and hope to do in the future... when you contact Renault uk say your mate above got 75% off hes new gear box.... and why haven't Renault recalled the fault? try to milk it to much ha (you plan to do all your servicing at Renault in the future ....)

renault clio 200
Haha yeah I'm defo gonna try and get all I can outta them! Can anyone recommend a decent gearbox oil to use?

Have a search on here, I'm not clued up on what oil you should use, they do say use fully synthetic oil in them though.

renault clio 200
Not really, not had time with working, think my partner is gonna change the gearbox oil at somepoint hopefully...