ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 f1 or Integra Type R (dc5)

FRS
Where are people getting quotes from? My pal bought one last week at 22 years old, no idea how he's affording it! Lol

L-Y Clio 197 F1
Where are people getting quotes from? My pal bought one last week at 22 years old, no idea how he's affording it! Lol

yeah im curious about this... I've just done a little searching and none of the comparison websites seem to have the DC5 in their database :/ Only the DC2 shows up. I'm guessing places like Adrian Flux will cover it though I'd still like to know what everyone uses for their imported car insurance?

On a side note I got to drive a 'teg today. Way lower driving position took me abit to get used to the feeling of almost lying down while driving. Steering wheel felt much smaller which I wasn't expecting but made the whole steering feel more go-karty. Low rev pull is just so much better than the 197, and then theres the vtec at 5.5k/6k revs................Think I need to put the clio up for sale asap :eek:

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Phone Honda and ask them how much a front bumper and a head light is, will make you NOT want to own one, parts are ridiculous on these things, nigh impossible to get 2nd hand too and you'll end up paying their prices if anything happens.

Swift Sport
I'm pretty sure I'll get flamed for this, but an EP3 with Eibach springs and a FRSU is a great cheaper alternative. Sure it's not as good or as special and you get electric powered steering which people slate, but with the FRSU it's a different car. Definitely worth considering IMO as it's a MUCH cheaper option.

Swift Sport
Ctr worst steering I've ever experienced zero feel, is the dc5 any different ? X

The DC5 uses a pump, so yeah it feels better. However, the FRSU (fast road setup) changes the feel of the EP3's steering giving it much more feel. Nearly everyone who gets the FRSU raves about it afterwards.

Swift Sport
Try and FN2 then, EP3 is a poorly built car, FN2 is much much better.

I've never heard anyone say that before, quite the opposite actually. I know from experience that the ride and handling are worse in the FN2 because I've driven both hard. The door handles fall off FN2's too lol.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I've never heard anyone say that before, quite the opposite actually. I know from experience that the ride and handling are worse in the FN2 because I've driven both hard. The door handles fall off FN2's too lol.

How the hell anyone pulls it off I have no idea, it's bolted on all the way to the other side ( I used to have one and wrapped them in real Carbone ) no way is anyone pulling them off let alone falling off, Ride quality is much better than an EP3, doesn't turn as well on tracks etc but for road use the FN2 is a better car in every aspect bar rear view visibility.

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
I was jesting, although the door handle trims do actually fall off. We had quite a few with this issue when I worked in car sales.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Really? thought the biggest issue people would mention would be the Roof / windscreen clips rattling around.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't driven either but I'd much rather a DC5.

Get a new Fiesta ST. Veyron killers, just ask Mark.

http://
IMG_5772.jpg

P4071906.jpg