ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLio 197 £3495

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
As I only live in Staines, I have just been to view this.

It's dodgy as hell!

Would only meet in petrol station
Couldn't explain exactly who owned the car
Log book was only half present with details of a guy from miles away on it.
Front bumper has been badly painted
The gearbox is NOT new
No history
Seat bolsters are fucked (suspect car has been clocked hence the lack of history)
Guy refused to take us on anymore than a 2 second test drive.
AC doesn't work
Wiring damaged under drivers seat.

And all that was spotted at 10.30 at night in a slough petrol station. I'm sure in daylight you could have a felid day!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Bets are this is the black 197 that had 160k on it a few weeks back? Just with a few miles missing ...

If someone could prove that car hasn't been clocked I would be GOBSMACKED. The drivers side seat was collapsed like mad.

The thing that bothered me the most was the guy selling the car was selling it for a friend who was away, who was the bloke who owned it but never registered it in his name but it was owned by one lady owner who has had it from new but the bloke owned it and lived in Cornwall but the lady owned it from brand new and he was selling it for a friend.

There was a blokes name on the log book for up north!!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If someone could prove that car hasn't been clocked I would be GOBSMACKED. The drivers side seat was collapsed like mad.

The thing that bothered me the most was the guy selling the car was selling it for a friend who was away, who was the bloke who owned it but never registered it in his name but it was owned by one lady owner who has had it from new but the bloke owned it and lived in Cornwall but the lady owned it from brand new and he was selling it for a friend.

There was a blokes name on the log book for up north!!!

That story is what "seems legit" was invented for!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Bets are this is the black 197 that had 160k on it a few weeks back? Just with a few miles missing ...

lol a lad I know sold his Astra vxr not long back with 100k+ on the clock, some guys rolled up in a bmw they had bought the day before apparently, handed him the cash and just drove off in it. Its now back up for sale 2 owners later and with an apparent 60k on the clock.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2007 clio dynamique
Cold ass honky iirc.

Excuse my ignorance but i thought clocking cars was a thing of the past? Though the digi-dash wasn't able to be tampered with?

I remember watching a program were its all done via laptops etc now the guy made it sound easy but obviously they wouldn't show the process in full

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Cold ass honky iirc.

Excuse my ignorance but i thought clocking cars was a thing of the past? Though the digi-dash wasn't able to be tampered with?

​Easier than ever.

I wouldn't buy a car based on mileage as modern cars wear a lot better than older ones and you can't really tell.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, very easy, for legitimate reasons (it was an import) I had mine done on my 172 when I replaced the dialset for the correct version.