ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 missfiring running on 3 please help

Clio 182 mk1 caddy
Hi I've got a clio 182 and early today I was going down a 60mhp road only doing about 50/55 cursing not kicking its head in or out as I've came to the roundabout and gone to set off sounds like it's running on 3 (like a Subaru Tbo) and it keeps poping and engine light starting when I got going was runing s**t missing and on 3 but when I get past 2000rpm and sit at speed it stop missing and if you very and I mean very slowly start to speed to it runs fine but if you push you foot down alittle to much starts missing and running on 3

i know I could do with pluging a computer but to it but with it being a Sunday on where is open
With the car runing I've unplug each injector and number two don't really make any diff and same with the leads number 2 again i then swooped the injector around to make sure was not an injector and still no change any ideas
i thought coil pack but it had a new one last year and still looks new Tbo

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Lambda, coilpack, HT leads, injector, inlet sensors are all things people consider. Use the search buddy. Lots on the topic of misfire

Get it plugged in asap though

Clio 197
have you checked that you are getting a spark from No 2 lead - you can check it at the coilpack end (sounds like you have already done this) or take the inlet plenum off to allow you to remove the plug and lead from number 2. Inlet plenum back on and reconnect the lead to the coilpack so it is sitting on the top of the inlet - crank the engine and check you are getting a spark. Worthwhile doing this with all the plugs and leads to be honest to check they are all sparking ok (do them all at once rather than individually though)

Clio 182 mk1 caddy
Montana that's what i did do thanks for the reply and cheers grazo will get it plug in today hopefully