ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Labouring?

EP3 and Turbz
Does anyone elses 182 start to labour the engine when you use 5th gear in 30mph? Thinking about changing the plugs, would this benefit me in anyway?
James :)

Well umm yes.

Presumably because it's only circa 400 RPM (which is nothing) above idle, where it makes absolutely eff all torque.

Renault Clio182 bean
You don't need 5th at 30mph...of course it will labour the engine, at those speeds you probably be at 1400-1500rpm and VVT doesn't even start until 1700/1800 rpm iirc, and VVT is there to give you a balance of both economy/power, you'll probably get better fuel consumption in 3rd or 4th if that's what you after :)

EP3 and Turbz
Cheers guys, just wondered if my car was playing up as my 1.2 used to pull 30mph in 5th. I've learnt to live with it and keep it in 4th now:)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
In 5th at 30? I never go to 5th at 30, that wouldn't even move and if you're trying to save fuel you're doing it wrong as you can't just feather the throttle to accelerate you have to open the throttle more which will use more fuel.

Edit my bad just seen the above post lol.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I put mine in 5th at 30mph all the time when I'm just cruising through a long 30 zone. Most of the time with the cruise control on too. Doesn't fuss at all if you give it some power.