ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Fast Road set up

RS182 Titanium
Hi guys i have a clio 182 with Eibach sportline springs what can i do for a fast road set up, thinking about getting Eibach adjustable camber bolts as well. Any thing else.......................

Zak

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If you genuinely want it to be the fastest setup for the road, keep it stock. In Wales recently, @Christopher. s PB was just as capable on road and his was completely stock bar springs iirc.

Mine had Bilsteins, Whiteline ARB, Camber, PMS Solid top mounts and PMS Strut brace and a roll cage (stiffer) and it wasn't any quicker on road.

The road surfaces in the UK need the 'forgiveness' a standard setup gives you, and in the hands of a capable driver (as proven by that herbert Christopher) they will shuffle from a to b very well.

On track, where the Tarmac is smooth and silky, different story.

I suspect this may not be the answer you were looking for.

RS182 Titanium
No it was a good answer, i like to do track days...just got the sportline springs and then was going to do whiteline rear ARB get some proxies on it and then play with alighment.

What do people set the camber and toe at ect?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
-2.5 camber at the front, 10 mins toe.

Back - leave as is. Or bring parallel if you're brave but it will snap round early and with little warning.

If you're doing trackdays, I'd say decent tyres first, then Whiteline ARB then PMS solid top mounts and PMS strut brace.

RS182 Titanium
Nice one buddy, yeah i love track days. Use my uncles elise before but now i got the 182 i use that. Solid top mounts yes i was thinking that might bring it parallel then on the rear.

Was thinking toyo proxies t1r or conti contact sport 2

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
If you genuinely want it to be the fastest setup for the road, keep it stock. In Wales recently, @Christopher. s PB was just as capable on road and his was completely stock bar springs iirc.

Mine had Bilsteins, Whiteline ARB, Camber, PMS Solid top mounts and PMS Strut brace and a roll cage (stiffer) and it wasn't any quicker on road.

The road surfaces in the UK need the 'forgiveness' a standard setup gives you, and in the hands of a capable driver (as proven by that herbert Christopher) they will shuffle from a to b very well.

On track, where the Tarmac is smooth and silky, different story.

I suspect this may not be the answer you were looking for.

I put it down to the driver ;)

Solid engine mounts are a good shout mate. I know they will make the ride harsher but the benefits from them far outweigh that. Was the most noticeable thing i ever did to my Ph1.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I put it down to the driver ;)

Solid engine mounts are a good shout mate. I know they will make the ride harsher but the benefits from them far outweigh that. Was the most noticeable thing i ever did to my Ph1.

We'll test that driver theory around Llandow ;)

Engine mounts is a good shout, mine sharpened up the response no end.

Nice one buddy, yeah i love track days. Use my uncles elise before but now i got the 182 i use that. Solid top mounts yes i was thinking that might bring it parallel then on the rear.

Was thinking toyo proxies t1r or conti contact sport 2

Toyo t1r are utter shite.

Michelin pilot sport 3's are a great all rounder

ContiSport Contact 2's I'm very impressed with

Getting to the end of their life now on my 182 and the grip levels are still very good and offer no surprises when pushing on. Very progressive