ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 coil overs?

2005 Clio 182
I've got a clio 182 and wanted to put it on coil overs for the slightly better handling and the ride height option, lowering 20mm to reduce arch gap

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the ktec own coil overs, they're around, £300-£400 but are they decent enough?

Any help appreciated :)

2005 Clio 182
So they're not that great..? More wanting to reduce the arch gap a little bit as I think they sit a little high as standard but don't want lowering springs

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had the vmaxx on my 182 from new for nearly 2 years. Mine was a daily, never saw track. I didn't actually mind the ride. Could be bumpy, but not uncomfortable. They went quite low. However the rear shocks aren't that strong. Mine gave up after a year so I ran with cup rear shocks, but still the vmaxx springs/adjusters and the vmaxx fronts.

I bought a set new for my ph1 and the rears knocked like crazy. Had a new replacement and the same again. I also found out that the fronts were leaking. This was all under 2 months and under 1000 miles. Shame as I spent over £100 getting the geometry done which was obviously non refundable. For those reasons I'd be put off but it's hit and miss with these as my 182 proved.

They are too soft for track though. My advice is pay a little bit more and get a better brand if your wanting coilovers.

Ktec's are rebranded Raceland coilovers which are even cheaper than vmaxx. Unfortunately because they have ktec written on them they can charge more. These will be too soft for track also.

I have pics which I'll upload in a mo.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
V-maxx can go low. A few pics of how mine sat on V-maxx:

6488063277_d8761ca133_z.jpg

6055583801_1b16cb2266_z.jpg

12859791185_ccff78d30c_z.jpg

12464289493_2f1a9dd8bb_z.jpg

14008346192_a15a07dd5d_z.jpg

14031553723_6ea57fc72b_z.jpg

2005 Clio 182
May look into getting a set of the V-Maxx ones then, do you use the original top mounts with the coil overs or do you need new ones, solid etc?

Cheers

Clio 182
mine is on v-maxx coilovers as well. Ill echo what has been said above they are a bit soft but the ride isnt too bad. A touch bumpier than the lowering springs I had before but not horrendous.
IMG_0216-2_zpsl25fqx2l.jpg

I'm planning on moving the front bumper brackets to get the front a bit lower. I bought them off eBay can't remember the seller though.