ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 tyre side wall scuffing

Clio 182
Hi i looked at a clio 172 today and noticed it had scuffing to the tyre sidewall and the scuffing was quite bad doe anyone have any ideas what it could be or the cost of putting it right.Thanks

Clio 182
Hi i dont think its from rubbing against a kerb the bloke says it was from hard cornering but i was thinking maybe form wishbone bushes been knackered as the scuffing is both tyres at the front the car is £1950 and needs a cambelt change and with this problem is kinda putting me off, i havent got a picture sorry as i have just viewed the car and left.Thanks

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Depending on age/milage it could be a good price but i would try and get it for £1700. Wishbones are £60 from renault so pretty cheap if that needed replacing. The cambelt will probably be around £650 to replace.

Clio 182
Hi there cheap make tyres, its just the scuffing on them thats kinda putting me off and he wont accept any less then £1900 but it will come with 12months mot and 6 months tax.Thanks

Lionel Richie
£1900 for a 172 that needs a cambelt doing? its a £1200 car fella

tyres do wear, its nothing to worry about

Arctic Blue FF 182
Could quite probably be from hard cornering to be honest. The tyre will roll over and scrub the edge.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
A little expensive but looks nice and it doesn't have ABS as stated.

Clio 182
Hi all the ones i have seen around where i am seem to be around the 3k mark, what do you think its worth roughly is there anything that i should be looking out for when buying one.Cheers