ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 remap, what bhp will i gain?

Clio 172 ph2
hiya basically wanting to get my 172 remapped, it only has a decat and a catback system and just uprated panel filter so nothink major. what bhp could i gain with a remap , 190 bhp?

Clio Cup by RIKUS
In facts is depends...

it depends if your engine is stock or you have exhaust...etc... hom much it is pulling out now :)

and if you attend to run on octane 97 or 95.... cars, Renault are mapped on the worst possible scenarios on 95 so a good tunner should be able to advance you timing a bit accordingly if you tell that you will only run on 97 and as such pull out additional horse but with a stock engine you will not get more than 10/15 hp additional to what you really have.

Not sure on stock management never bothered with it, I've got a standalone ECU and BTB exhaust with a 182 cat fitted, along with " matched inlets " k&N panel filter in stock air box,
163BHP standard and currently 175BHP. Don't expect much as stated.

Regards Russ.........

Inferno 225 cup
I've got stealth exhaust, matched inlets, alloy induction setup, 197 cams and that produced me 178bhp.

Some cars have freak engines though and produce and odd amount.

Clio 172 ph2
thanks for the response guys, ah wasnt expecting that lol. maybe might look into uprating few bits first then ie, uprated cams etc

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as said above you will hardly gain anything in the form of peak BHP.

what I will say is its still the best mod you can do engine wise to them, my last one was running standard cams, , inlets, airbox, exhaust, basically 100% standard bar an RSTuner 98ron map and it transformed it!, more mid range torque, better low down grunt, better when cold, idled better, pulled better the last few 100rpm too, where it used to tail off about 7100rpm it quite happily pulled hard to 7500rpm after the map

Clio 172 ph2
You're probably at about 160 Bhp ish now, so I'd agree with the above, around 170-175 ish

as said above you will hardly gain anything in the form of peak BHP.

what I will say is its still the best mod you can do engine wise to them, my last one was running standard cams, , inlets, airbox, exhaust, basically 100% standard bar an RSTuner 98ron map and it transformed it!, more mid range torque, better low down grunt, better when cold, idled better, pulled better the last few 100rpm too, where it used to tail off about 7100rpm it quite happily pulled hard to 7500rpm after the map

ill look more into that rstuner map then mate, thanks. as was looking at going to ktec for a remap not to sure what the reviews are on the remaps by them.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
ill look more into that rstuner map then mate, thanks. as was looking at going to ktec for a remap not to sure what the reviews are on the remaps by them.

I'd so some searching on here before you choose who maps it. Personally, I'd go with an RS Tuner unless you are modifying it either;

- with cams
- ITBS
- Turbo
- Supercharger