ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph2 pulling issues !

clio 172 ph2
Hi everyone !

Newbie to this site

my clio has only done 50,000 and it's been well looked after, but it just doesn't seem to pull as well as my friends clio 172.
the engines are both standard except from panel filters ??

It seems like his pulls better after 4,000 rpm also my exhaust stinks like rotten eggs when I put my foot down a little bit ! Also it is due a Cambelt could it possibly be the dephaser pulley ?

I would appreciate any help as its my first clio sport :)

Thank you

I'd say with the smell it's something to do with the catalytic converter, probably collapsed or on it's way out.

Either a new cat or have a decat put in but the car won't pass an MOT

Also if the engine sounds like a diesel when it's warm and on idle the dephaser will definitely need replacing. If you put 'Clio dephaser' into YouTube there are some good videos which can help you diagnose it. Mine needs doing and it's looking to cost £600 for cambelt and dephaser

clio 172 ph2
Ok thanks for the advice a decat pipe will be purchased :), I forgot to mention it runs really lumpy on idle the hotter it gets the worse it is and there's a lot of water coming out of the exhaust as well ??