ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph1 throttle body fix?

Clio 172 RS ph1
Hi, the rev are stucking some times on 2k+- until I hit the throttle and leave.
I read at the forum that there is an fix by clean it some way but I didn't found the guide.
Any help?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Ideally remove it and clean it off the car. Spray the valve and spindle with carb cleaner and then re lubricate it and wipe excess oil. It might be the throttle cable that's the problem and would need replacing. I've done this fix many times and it worked for awhile. Eventually I bought a new one = much better.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Oe Part Number Is - 8200053557

Price is around £230 from the dealers (I Think)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Had this on my Ph1, was the cable sticking, lube it up
May as well clean throttle body too incase it's that, can't hurt

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I need to lube my cable up actually, and it's showing similar symptoms to this thread.

Oh and always good to see another Plymouthian around :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
I've got a green mk3 golf, will keep a look out

I know, I saw it too late and already had plans :( will try get to the next gathering of any description!

RenaultSport 172
My throttle is terrible but the car had a strut brace fitted when I bought it and the cable can't sit where it naturally wants to go. It's worn away all the rubber/plastic. I'm going to remove the strut brace and get a new cable. When the weather warms up anyway lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My throttle is terrible but the car had a strut brace fitted when I bought it and the cable can't sit where it naturally wants to go. It's worn away all the rubber/plastic. I'm going to remove the strut brace and get a new cable. When the weather warms up anyway lol

I bought a new one from my local dealership. Only £29, probably cheaper from renai Wolverhampton on here Steve.

Cable that is, not TB!!

Clio 172 RS ph1
I water sand the TB with 1500 and finish with 2000 and over 2 weeks and its not sticking at whole.
But I will replace the cable too.
Thanks guys!