ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 at 18 paying £2400 tpft . sound about right ?

Golf TDI
basically im picking my 172 up on tuesday and today i sorted my insurance out with kwik fit ....at a hefty price of £2400 !! does this sound about right being 18 , and having 1 years ncb ....

Da

Less
So in 12 months you'll be spending £5k on a mk1 172.

Crazy, is all I can say.

williams 2 turbo
a couple of mates at work, have 172's and are paying 3600 as peice fully comp, so not bad fpft i guess. shame i think 600 quid for my 300bhp turbo'd williams was dear.

Golf TDI
i was having silly qoutes like that , i was just going to be happy aslong as i got it in under what the car is worth .

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If you have the money do it, I pay £1800 FC at 19, some people reckon thats too much, but to be honest i enjoy the car and work hard for it, so why not!

Personally wouldnt pay what your going to, especially TPFT for when you stack it, but your only young once!

Golf TDI
If you have the money do it, I pay £1800 FC at 19, some people reckon thats too much, but to be honest i enjoy the car and work hard for it, so why not!

Personally wouldnt pay what your going to, especially TPFT for when you stack it, but your only young once!

tbh thats my exact opinion , i work hard for the money i have so if i want to get a nice fast car to enjoy then i thought f**k it . i spend a whole year doing up my 1.2 16v trying to make it something it never was ....FAST lol

Golf TDI
i will bring it to the next meet after the jetski one lol its silver , dual optic headlights , leather interior , air con and a mighty 2.0 engine :) lol pm'd.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Try Privilege and put your mum on as a named driver. I was 21 with 1yr NCB and it cost me 890 fully comp on a 172.

Golf TDI
i think i did try them but tbh i think £2400 really is the best il get it , most said they couldnt even qoute me because of my age :( i was gutted .

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
It just seems a lot that though. Have you tried it with your mum as a named driver though? Took quite a lot off mine!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I would of waited! Don't really agree with the 'you're only young once' quote... you've got your whole life to drive fast cars! What's the rush?

But hey, as long as you're happy paying that price then f**k what anyone else thinks ;)

I would of waited! Don't really agree with the 'you're only young once' quote... you've got your whole life to drive fast cars! What's the rush?

But hey, as long as you're happy paying that price then f**k what anyone else thinks ;)

he might die.

Sorry dude but its the truth and the reason i live for today.

Good on you chap, hope you enjoy it, just take it easy for a bit, then give it the beans big stylee:)

M2 Competition
Thats a lot of money... but id be more worried that its tpft.

So when you stack the car (which theres a high risk of, being 18) you could lose 5k in an instant...

If its what you want to do though, enjoy!

Golf TDI

he might die.

Sorry dude but its the truth and the reason i live for today.

Good on you chap, hope you enjoy it, just take it easy for a bit, then give it the beans big stylee:)

cheers mate . " i might die " look forward even more to picking it up now :rasp: lol

lol you know what i mean hehe

I dont see the point in having savings unless you're saving for somthing specific, might as well spunk it on something you'll enjoy:)

Golf TDI
yeh i know what you mean !
always wanted to have a fast car , as i could barely keep up with mates in their 1.6 's , now il be faster :evil:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd seriously be having another think about paying that kind of money, m8. I know it's easy for me to sit here, 15 years older than you and preach what you should do - but honestly, give it some more thought.

Any 1*2 is a quick car and it needs respect. And what 18 year old out there (including me back then) would simply potter about in a 2.0litre 16v car? I bet you hit the rev limiter at least once in the first 5 minutes. ;)

To jump in with both feet and pay £2,400 on mere TPFT is madness and the police will come down on you like a ton of bricks for the slightest thing you do wrong. If you do and get points for it, the insurance is going to dry rim you for years to come.

You say you haven't the patience to wait, but more often than not, its the best way. Having a shed of a car or one that is woefully underpowered is one hell of a learning curve and really does put you in good stead for a more powerful (and cheaper to run car) at a later date.

As others, it's your money and your choice. But seriously, there is no rush to get stuff, right here, right now.

Just my 10p worth.

D.

Golf TDI
I'd seriously be having another think about paying that kind of money, m8. I know it's easy for me to sit here, 15 years older than you and preach what you should do - but honestly, give it some more thought.

Any 1*2 is a quick car and it needs respect. And what 18 year old out there (including me back then) would simply potter about in a 2.0litre 16v car? I bet you hit the rev limiter at least once in the first 5 minutes. ;)

To jump in with both feet and pay £2,400 on mere TPFT is madness and the police will come down on you like a ton of bricks for the slightest thing you do wrong. If you do and get points for it, the insurance is going to dry rim you for years to come.

You say you haven't the patience to wait, but more often than not, its the best way. Having a shed of a car or one that is woefully underpowered is one hell of a learning curve and really does put you in good stead for a more powerful (and cheaper to run car) at a later date.

As others, it's your money and your choice. But seriously, there is no rush to get stuff, right here, right now.

Just my 10p worth.

D.

i might hit the limiter ;) lol yes the plan is basically to leave it complete standard as my old car the money i was spending per week on modifying could easily of gone towards a " bigger " car . iv now got a car that i can sit back and say its a fair bit nippy and it looks good and purposeful as it is . also will be taking it easy for a bit . thanks for the advice though mate .

185lb/ft dCi
your choice mate, nice power increase you just need to have respect for it.

I know what you mean being under powered though, I was struggling to keep up with 1.2s in my dci but now its intercooled and mapped, my mates in there 1.6s are struggling to keep up with me!

all the best though just dont be silly with it!

C

clvs2222

you do need to give it some respect mate. i learned so much about driving when i first had the 2.0L. i actually drove slower in the sport than i did in the 1.4. as i knew i had the power if i needed it.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
i paid 2300 tpft no claims when i was 17, its worth it man. 99% and you must be real unlucky to come across the other 1% of people your age with a better/ faster car :) .. when your older that 2k will be nothing and cant give you that feeling!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Jesus! Are you sure you REALLY want to spent £2,400 on insurance

f**k paying £200 a month insurance

£200 isnt that much.

Personally i'd spend that on going out at the weekends partying eaisly.

If i had the money i'd do it without a doubt.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Barron is 18 has a PH2 172 and pays 2k FC, think youve had the piss taken a little tbh.

third party FTL tbh

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

£200 isnt that much.

:clown: last year I was paying £25 a month insurance and that was including green flag etc. okay the car only had 138bhp but I'm definitely glad I waited to pay that much!

I personally couldn't stand paying more than £80 a month now tops I reckon... even that would make me feel sick :dead:

Arctic FF 182
good on ya mate, i went from a 1.2 dymanique to a 182 at 18 and its the best thing i ever did, i love it, but like others have said take it easy for a while esp with having tpft but go have some fun, i sure did and still do on a daily basis and its over a year ago now since i got mine :D