ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172/182 BHP

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you were going drag racing Im sure 800-1000 is about where you would want to be with one, scoff is and paul at RS tuning is building one as well.

However, for a road/trackday car, personally I would stick to around 300 personally, its plenty in a car who's real place to win is in the corners anyway.

172 & 197 CUP
I do both track and drag, my ideal idea would be charger with switchable boost so I can wind it down for the trackdays if that is possible. power would be as much as my budget runs to :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In my clio turbo I have the boost controlled by throttle position so if I am coming out of a bend on a track I just use part throttle and get the amount of power the car can handle at that point, and on the straights I use full throttle.

I see no point in switchable boost really if its mapped correctly.

172 & 197 CUP
In my clio turbo I have the boost controlled by throttle position so if I am coming out of a bend on a track I just use part throttle and get the amount of power the car can handle at that point, and on the straights I use full throttle.

I see no point in switchable boost really if its mapped correctly.

Good point, maximum attack on straights sounds much better :cool:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What is your budget by the way?

For just a good 300bhp setup with diff and brakes etc you could spend 10k without getting carried away if you have to pay a bit of labour etc.

172 & 197 CUP
Im dropping the engine off at rs tuning in a few weeks so will be discussing it in the meantime as im still unsure. A friend of mine who is also on here hit 334bhp with his so benchmark set i feel there...

big boost cup
In about 3 months there will be at least four 500hp clios. Scoff was 750hp a long time ago his new ones going to be quite a bit more. And Rstuning are going for 1000hp

172 & 197 CUP
In about 3 months there will be at least four 500hp clios. Scoff was 750hp a long time ago his new ones going to be quite a bit more. And Rstuning are going for 1000hp

1000bhp in a clio!!?? Giz a go young en ha ha!!! I think 350 would be more than enough for me. I went out in a 450bhp 4wd corsa last week and nearly did a poo in my pants.