ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172/172/197 vs corsa vxr

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Nope but I was sat next to one at lights a while back and I must say that the vxr and the cooper S seem to sound better at idle than my 197 does.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
well it beat the vxr around the track on fifth gear for what it's worth.

Megane 250
My standard 172 managed to keep up with my mates Vxr till about 100. Then it started to pull away :(

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Had a play with a 07 blue one the other day. There was a short straight then a roundabout and then a long straight.
Absolutly all over him in every respect, looked twitchy on the bends and i kept having to back off through 2nd and change to 3rd early on the straight.

clio 182
i honestly thought these cars would have been faster than my 182. i raced a fiesta st the other day and pulled from it but not massively

Megane 225+
had a really good dabble with one, spirited driving over a 5 mile run - local car & at night - he couldnt get passed on the a48 dual carriageway at Laleston - I was on the limit.

nothing in it.

Did take me later when I backed off.

Both slowed & flashed - I think he was a little gutted

Leon Cupra 300
One lives opposite me, 57 plate, black. Personally think it looks gash but i'd like its engine in my Cup! :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A mapped one will be the only way they will win

However its nice they have the option to tune them like that,unlike renault

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
i think the vwr will be faster than the 172 and 182 the 197 will give it a good go i think

how?? the 197`s r slower than the 172`s n 182`s! the 197`s mite hav more bhp but they weigh more than both of the others! :S

i`ve raced a couple of vxr`s n had them both easy (astra n corsa)! :)

should hope so Stu, when I had ITB's on mine I considered 1*2's a waste of petrol be it standard or moderately tuned... even giving them a headstart was pointless lol

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I raced one in my 182, i lost badly. Mainly because i was left at the traffic lights slack jawed and stunned at the fact the design team who made the corsa look like it does actually approved it for production.

should hope so Stu, when I had ITB's on mine I considered 1*2's a waste of petrol be it standard or moderately tuned... even giving them a headstart was pointless lol

agree jon. how`s u 2? hav a gud new year? how`s the beast comin a long?

yeah was really nice mate, just spent it with Laura, the family and friends. Wasn't as messy as last year, I'm getting too old for all that now! lol

Car is back to standard for the moment mate, sold the bodies, might get some of these new ones though... lol

Corsa VXR
Just bought a Corsa VXR. Faster then the 197 I test drove before hand. Anyone in the East Yorkshire (Hull) area fancy a race??? ;)

Mercedes slk 320
i had a quick blip with one the other day - i was following him pushing a little to see what he wud do, but he floored it when i wasnt expecting it - still i dropped it down into 3rd and before you know it iv caught him back up. he couldnt pull away from me - prob only went to about 90 then slowed back down to the 30mph zone then went home.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just bought a Corsa VXR. Faster then the 197 I test drove before hand. Anyone in the East Yorkshire (Hull) area fancy a race??? ;)

I'll probably have one too when I'm done with my Clio in 2 years or so. Got to be better in some respects than the 197. How dare Renault make the new Clio's so heavy than the previous.:mad:

VXR 888 for me. 1st stage of tune, LSD and some decent suspension!!:eek:

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
These threads about which car is faster make me laugh, its a clio site so the clio will have an extra 30bhp because its been talked about on here, same with the corsa if spoke about on a corsa site 30bhp all day long;) All these cars have a similar power to weight so you are never going to be pissing all over another without mods.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
TBH out of the two id rather have the Corsa lol!

I know renault has a great sports/racing history but i just find the vxr alot more appealing!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I want a go in the 225bhp VXR888.I would imagine it hands a megane its ass being lighter and more nimble.

Would like to see the two together anyway

Black Gold with cup packs
I want a go in the 225bhp VXR888.I would imagine it hands a megane its ass being lighter and more nimble.

The VXR888 didn't get that good reviews, couldn't keep the power down at the front wheels!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

whats been done to the vxr888 ian?

is it just remap or have they changed suspension etc??