ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 16v vs 106 gti

clio 172
what do u think would win in a race between this 1 i cant help fealing it will be a close 1 as much as i wnt the valver 2 win ?????????

Tungy
Yeah same as you. Not sure. Want the valver to win, but I think the gti might just clinch it due to the valvers lack of low down torque. :(

clio 172
dont say that lol i love valvers and my 2 step brothers have a 106 gti each and i always go on about how a clio 16v will cain it winding em up and now my brother is getting 1 and there obviously gonna race and im worried about gettin caind by thm lol x

VW Passat 170 sport
This is all a funny Subject. Both about the same..

But in all Fairness i think the 106 Will Win Just slighty!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
if the stig did a lap in each i think the 106gti will get a better time as i think they are that littke bit better all round.. i've had a 1.3rallye and 16v and think the 106 handled better than anything ive ever driven.. (hothatch wise)

Depends on the car there about even realy the 106 having a lead realy but there no young cars they can loose 20hp easy or you might find one yours or his is a quick one.

Saxo VTS
If they were both same mileage, running stock power etc, same driver all the kind of s**t that's never ever going to happen, 106 GTi would be faster in a straight line, probably around a track too.

Chances are a standard 106 GTi will be quicker off the mark anyway as they're newer cars so haven'tbeen ragged for so long and not so down on power, lighter and have diddy 14" wheels which all help.

clio 172
well all the clio has had done to it is a de-cat and the 106 ram air forced induction, de-cat, but its 1 of the fast 1's with like 9 more bhp

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
106 is more 172 pace than valver pace. I should know i've owned all of them over them over the past years.

Ph1 172
think the 106gti would have this one rapped up a good driver in a 106gti will be sniffing the backside of a 172