ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 dCi from Portugal [MagNastiK]

Renault Clio 2 dCi
Hi!

I'm magnastik i'm the clioteam (clio's portuguese community) founder and i would like to present my dci project.

Specs:
Engine 1.5 dCi
Garrett GT1749V (vnt15) turbocharger from Bmw 320d
Straight Custom Exhaust Pipe with 55mm
Kat-off
EGR-off
Simota Carbon Air Filter
ECU remaped
45mm Springs
15" OZ Superleggera MTS
Boost gauge
Audi A3 Alcantara Seats (I'm looking for 172/182 seats, please ring a bell...)

Some pics:
clio_pic.jpg

escape_01.jpg

mais_ban3.jpg

pic3.jpg

I will have some new mods soon and i will be updating the thread

Cya,
magnastik

Renault Clio 2 dCi
is the bmw turbo direct fit or does it need modification ? what kind of boost can it make ?

It's not direct fit.

To fit this turbo you have two options:

1st) Soldering... turbo on exhaust manifold (like some VAG's TDI)

2nd) Build a phalanx (i don't know if this is the right word in english) to join both turbo's and exhaust manifold's face

With the bmw turbo there's no room for kat and in my case i also have removed the EGR.

Cya,
magnastik

Renault Clio 2 dCi
Hi there you got any pics of the airfilter thanks

Currently i'm running the stock airfilter.

I use to have a bmc-cda but it took to much space.
I believe i will get a used stock airfilter box and make some modifications to get a better air flow.

cya,
magnastik

ValverInBits
very nice. Any idea how much torque it's making?

Who did the remap? the red-line has obviously been shifted!

Fiesta ST2
very nice. Any idea how much torque it's making?

Who did the remap? the red-line has obviously been shifted!

i think on diesels theres no point them revving over 5/6k or what ever it is as it does nothing.. someone was posting on here saying that its not 'usable' over 5/6k

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 2 dCi
i think on diesels theres no point them revving over 5/6k or what ever it is as it does nothing.. someone was posting on here saying that its not 'usable' over 5/6k

I agree with you if are saying that generaly, but in some cases it dependes of the ECU map you have. When you get the max power, the map lines, etc.

In my case, most of the time i want go to 5000rpm.

Cya,
magnastik

Renault Clio 2 dCi
thats brilliant how high its reving! what injectors is it running standard dci80 ones?

Yes, standard ones.
Currently i'm running dci80 injectors that are the same as dci100. The major injection difference is the Common-Rail pump pressure.

Dci80 uses Delphi DCR1400 (1400 bar)
Dci100 uses Delphi DCR1600 (1600 bar)

Now that you talk about the injectors, i gave me an ideia.
I heard someone telling that the Citroen C3 1.4 HDI90 uses the same delphi injection system, but the injectors (that are compatible with mine) have higher flow.

If someone could confirm this i would be very grateful.

Cya,
magnastik

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, standard ones.
Currently i'm running dci80 injectors that are the same as dci100. The major injection difference is the Common-Rail pump pressure.

Dci80 uses Delphi DCR1400 (1400 bar)
Dci100 uses Delphi DCR1600 (1600 bar)

Now that you talk about the injectors, i gave me an ideia.
I heard someone telling that the Citroen C3 1.4 HDI90 uses the same delphi injection system, but the injectors (that are compatible with mine) have higher flow.

If someone could confirm this i would be very grateful.

Cya,
magnastik

I would be very interested in finding out if you can use the C3 injectors on them too as it would allow me to run silly power! im only going to spend money on mine if i can get a really good gain, not interested in under 120bhp and 200lb/ft lol

Renault Clio 2 dCi
I would be very interested in finding out if you can use the C3 injectors on them too as it would allow me to run silly power! im only going to spend money on mine if i can get a really good gain, not interested in under 120bhp and 200lb/ft lol

Yeah.. i understand you.

I believe if the C3 injectors have a higher fuel flow, with a good remap and a well tuned vnt15 it could reach about 140bhp and 220lb-ft of torque.

Cya,
magnastik

185lb/ft dCi
i don't know about cost but with regards to the injectors, if its the same sort of system, the coding shouldn't be that different, i know paul@rstuning can code injectors to cars so it might be worth asking him what sort settings he is able to change.

Renault Clio 2 dCi
the only problem is how much is a set off injectors going to cost and i thought they needed coded to the car how would this word on the clio?

Yeap... like Macester said it's a problem easy to solve.
The injection system is compatible, so coding the injectors is piece of cake.

Here in Portugal (with some luck) i can get a set of 4 injectors about 150€ (~ 125£) from crashed cars.

Coding is about 20€ (~17£)

I searching for a set of 4 injectors to make it a try. Then i'll let you know about the results. But first i have to update my clutch :)

Cya,
magnastik

185lb/ft dCi
thats brilliant magnastik, keep us updated please :approve:

where are you getting the clutch from? and how much?

thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sweet im getting a set if this works!!

sorry to thread hijack but what sport of power and torque could be acheived using standard turbo on the above citroen injectors with a front mount intercooler.

Renault Clio 2 dCi
thats brilliant magnastik, keep us updated please :approve:

where are you getting the clutch from? and how much?

thanks

Too much torque :) Since the stock one hold the torque about 60K miles with ECU Remapped and more 30K miles with ECU Remaped and VNT15 turbo, so i believe i'll go to a new stock kit, here i can get it about 100£.

There's another option that is to rebuild the stock cluth with ferodo and copper to improve it and make it able to hold more torque. (about 230£)

Cya,

Renault Clio 2 dCi
sweet im getting a set if this works!!

sorry to thread hijack but what sport of power and torque could be acheived using standard turbo on the above citroen injectors with a front mount intercooler.

Don't know for sure, but i believe, depending on car and mapper, about 115/120bhp and 185ft-lb torque.

I'm testing different setups in this car since 2003 and i believe the stock turbo has a big problem: exhaust house. It's too tiny, and has some problems to deal with exhaust when we raise the turbo pressure, since if we increase the turbo pressure to 1.4bar the car starts loosing top speed. So the turbo swap it's the best thing to do. In the other and, with a new VGTurbo we will have to deal with a new issue, be able to adjust mechanically the variable geometry of the turbo.

Well, i could write all day about this, but right now i've to work.
Later, and if you need, or any expriencie of what i've tried, aks, no problems.

Cya,
magnastik

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
very interested in the clutch side of things, my flywheel has gone so about to strip the box off and do the clutch while im at it, want an uprated one so i can get it mapped to run some mega torque!

Renault Clio 2 dCi
question, you say to fit the vnt15 you had to remove the cat? how does it pass MOT?

Hi!

Sorry about late reply.

Here in Portugal the diesel CO2 laws are not very well defined, so, no problem passing MOT (here is IPO).

Cya,
magnastik