ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v MPG, against a DCI

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Flol @ Jaketron's logic.

My 1.2 8v cost £38 to fill up before petrol went over the pound. It was a 40 litre tank.

I don't know about the 16v's economy.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I did over 95 Miles a day for 13 months - M25/M4, and then some on the weekends. Mine returned at least 500 Miles using Tesco Super. Its not bad on the M'ways either.

MPG wise the DCi smashes the 16v. I get between 46-54 on a good run. But yearly ownership might work out the same tbh..

What are the Service intervals the Diesel? Avg Cost to service?

Last edited:
  1.5dci
What are the Service intervals the Diesel? Avg Cost to service?

depends if you follow the service book, renault recommend 2 years between services iirc, i'm gonna change oil and filters soon though, it's been a year and i don't really want to risk the 2 years!

DCi 100
I heard everyone should stop buying DCi's and buy R8s for abit more performance instead of being a numpty and remapping them..

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
torque.jpg

Change Honda to 1.2 16v kthx, and shop a dCi in instead of that American muscle car.

I heard everyone should stop buying DCi's and buy R8s for abit more performance instead of being a numpty and remapping them..

Lol, you said it! We have a diseasel. It does great mpg . . . i.e. what it was designed for! Thought about remapping the S3, but thought nah, I want better MPG out of it . . . ;)

Stagecoach Ticket
DCIs are so much more to buy though so u will save nothing at all really from selling your 1.2 in this current market and buying a dci if you sit down and work out how much you would save week/yearly basis on fuel compared to the original out going cost of the change etc (Based on same millage condition colour etc dnt care how much a dci on 10000000000k costs). You will save nothing really for the hassle and also as above there is no point in mapping a small dci unless ur 17 and cannot get anything better and you want to be quicker than ur mates 1.3 fiesta.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Talkin' aboot!

Well ultimately I guess you have to look long term i.e how many miles you're going to do and how long you plan on keeping it.

1.5dci
right so just done some calaculations,
I've done 17kmiles this year
if i take my average mpg to be 60mpg (i've been above nad below that at times)
that means I've used 1275L
if i take 45mpg for a 1.2 (I don't know if this is the actual value though)
I'd have used 1700L

So i've saved 425L of fuel, at a price of 118p (as it's been around that so i'll guess thats the average) I've saved £501.5 on fuel this year, plus the road tax difference (so what ever the 1.2 is) - £30 I'll guess that at about £95 (is road tax for small petrols still £125, I doubt it) Then i've saved £596.50 this year, by this time next year I'll have saved over £1k, another year I'll be at £1.5k... I'm happy with that! :-D

Stagecoach Ticket
yeah but what iam saying is that a dci is proberly around 1500-2k more than a 1.2 in the same spec and condition so it would take you 2 years at 17k a year which is very high millage for a clio before you would even break even and 4 years before you have made a noticeable saving. all the hassle of swapping cars etc etc to make a decent saving in 4 years time f**k that

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I paid £1,500 for my 02 58,000 miles 65bhp Dynamique.

I paid £1,600 getting the belts done and trying to repair it to no avail. PMSL.

But I've saved horrendously on fuel and tax. My fuel bill in my 1.2 was going to be £3,000. The dCi has halved that to £1,500. It'll have paid for itself this time next year, and after that, plain old savings, y0. I'm keeping it until death.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Why?

It's comfy enough, quiet at those speeds, racking up the miles on it isn't a problem, it was cheap, parts are relatively cheap as well, as are tyres etc

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yeah, I would have preffered one but you have to pay for it, I'd have paid a lot more than 1500 for a decent bus, plus the insurance would have been considerably higher, plus parts etc, plus mileage

dCi is the perfect mileage wh0re imo lol.

new clio, pug 205,
my 1.2 does rubish MPG for a small car. on long jurneys at 70 mph it differs between 35 and 40 mpg

MK3 GTI golf 16v
if its just getting to work and you dont need to carry loads of stuff there, thought about buying a bike? much cheaper fuel wise and alot quicker to get there and back

phase 1 Clio 172
with the figures your stating your getting about 40mpg. i'm getting a real 50mpg out of mine. maybe check tyre pressures/airfilter? If you sell your car you will then have to find extra money for a similar age/milage dci which will take away a lot of the money you would be saving. just a thought, as i've done this a number of times!