ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the LY

LY FF182
Today having nothing to do and not raining I thought I'd clean the car. While at it I sanded the headlight that is all faded (N/S one is fine) didn't have a 3M kit so some Halfords assorted sand paper and Autoglym SRP. Also straightened the rear number plate, fixed the wiring to the front speakers so they now work, removed the cup washer blanks (last week) and removed the carbon canister. Is it right I need to bridge the two wires to it and bung the pipe to the manifold and pipe to the fuel tank?

Here's some pics :)

83_zps10b1d328.jpg

84_zps638c6a40.jpg

76_zps05067d06.jpg

77_zpsbdd6d608.jpg

78_zps8370e03f.jpg

79_zpse607c93d.jpg

81_zps8b36df0a.jpg

80_zps67111976.jpg

LY FF182
Thanks lads, the headlight isn't great but I need a better polish for and maybe some finer sand paper. Used 600 then 800 and finished wih 1200

Z4 Coupe
Well ready for a clean, now looking great mate!

A fresh 3/4 plate would tidy that front end up a treat IMO.

LY FF182
Dont like the washer blanks and they've been sold now anyway. Fogs were gone when I got the car, just gotta pull my finger out with the brake ducts or getting hold of some fogs! Agree on the number plates front and rear but just the bits and bobs I had around.

Wheels are 15" indeed, speedline 2120, 15x6.5 ET35 wrapped in 595 RSR tyres. I'm wanting some silver cup turinis instead though!

RB Clio 182
Didnt you snowfoam/pressure wash the car before attacking it with a wash mitt?

As you said, you could do with going over the headlight with some 2500 grade paper then a mixture of compounds and polishes with a da/rotary for best results.

I would also get some washer jets or covers, front bumper inserts and fog lamps to smarten it up too, it looks a bit weird with two holes in you bumper.

Lovely colour tho :)

Dont like the washer blanks and they've been sold now anyway. Fogs were gone when I got the car, just gotta pull my finger out with the brake ducts or getting hold of some fogs! Agree on the number plates front and rear but just the bits and bobs I had around.

Wheels are 15" indeed, speedline 2120, 15x6.5 ET35 wrapped in 595 RSR tyres. I'm wanting some silver cup turinis instead though!

Fair play bud! Are you refitting the washers again? I have some but one has a ball missing so useless to you really, also have some fogs but again they are poor condition :(

LY FF182
Didnt you snowfoam/pressure wash the car before attacking it with a wash mitt?

As you said, you could do with going over the headlight with some 2500 grade paper then a mixture of compounds and polishes with a da/rotary for best results.

I would also get some washer jets or covers, front bumper inserts and fog lamps to smarten it up too, it looks a bit weird with too holes in you bumper.

Lovely colour tho :)

Don't have one :/ I know it's not great for the paint but I've nothing else :( Any recommendations for compounds? I know I could just get the 3M kit but gone so far with out it haha

RB Clio 182
Don't have one :/ I know it's not great for the paint but I've nothing else :( Any recommendations for compounds? I know I could just get the 3M kit but gone so far with out it haha

Get some of the finest grade paper 2500-3000, then use some sort of compound before the ag srp.

It would be very hard to get 1200 grade scratches out with any type of compounds/polishes especially without a machine polisher, you will find it much much easier if you go over them with some 2500-3000 grit mate, you might even get away with polishing them up by hand with srp too with a bit of elbow grease.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Love when my LY is clean, but with the roads at the minute it gets really bad really quickly

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

From what I've read you definitely need 2000 grit or polish is pointless.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks awesome edges, good effort on the dirt. I'm working on getting mine that dirty ATM lol

LY is such a stunning colour, I pass one every day just round the corner from work and it's gorgeous! I WILL own one one day.

Do what harpham did and badger the s**t out of the owner until they sell you your exact car in a girls colour.

...then sell it for a 200

Looks awesome edges, good effort on the dirt. I'm working on getting mine that dirty ATM lol

Do what harpham did and badger the s**t out of the owner until they sell you your exact car in a girls colour.

...then sell it for a 200

I've never seen the owner but I might have to leave a note on his windscreen every day until it's mine. Oh, and I'd never own a 200. Not my cup of tea.