ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean Your Car - ZYMOL!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The fillers in rejuvenate could compromise the durability but it'll be fine and give a better finish than a pure cleanser like Prime which will remove dirt but not fill. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's right mate I remember us talking about it. I just remember is yours not a solid colour?

The sealant idea only really works on white with clear overbase as the light reflects through the coat.

Wax would give a much better look on solid colour, like it does on red really. :)

You have any waxes Darren? What waxes do you have left Cal?

Yes - but entry level ones and I'm not even going to bother with them after Calum's work. It would be like having a top-chef spend several hours cooking the most succulent meal - only for me to cake it with HP Sauce.... ;)

Cal - if you don't mind, I'd appreciate another run through of stuff to put on the Evo - mainly (at this stage) to simply maintain the work you've put into it.

Cheers,
D.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
so what works best with zymol. cleanse seems to be very oily which I would expect to effect durability of other waxes. would it's oils not do their own filling

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
so what works best with zymol. cleanse seems to be very oily which I would expect to effect durability of other waxes. would it's oils not do their own filling

Not at all mate. They're made to work together. Give it a go. It'll bond beautifully with the waxes.

Work HD into the paint with a damp applicator them remove straight away. Jobs a good un.

The oils will of course fill the swirls slightly but nothing major.

I use Amigo x2 layers under everything these days.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Big time!!! It's also nit as goid as more modern cleansers. It's clearly old school. Like most Zymol products.

That's what makes them special.

Track 172cup
will send you a wee pm when i get a sec Darren rather than clog up the thread ;)

Zymol is like a car with no power steering, old skool and hard work at times but puts a smile on your face when all goes well

Golf GT & A4 Avant
that made me smile calum, but not many would agree with that. I'm saving them for nicer weather

gave the workhorse Golf a quick going over again today to give Vics concourse and collectors another go, did half the car with a single coat each after a full detox and IPA wipe down. will apply a 2nd coat next weekend and keep an eye on its durability

Not a 320d
The fillers in rejuvenate could compromise the durability but it'll be fine and give a better finish than a pure cleanser like Prime which will remove dirt but not fill. :)

I couldnt figure out if rej was a filler or a just a cleaner. Really brought the paint back to life and added tons of gloss when I used it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cleanser filler. There are a lot of different cleansers out there.

R222's cleanser and BF gloss enhancing polish both full of fillers but both brilliant cleansers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Russ tried rejuvenate by machine with an IPA wipe down and it was about 50 50 for filling and correction

Sounds about right mate especially via machine.

Fillers aren't a bad thing unless you're a professional where you require an honest finish. They certainly shouldn't be frowned upon.

Rejuvenate is a fantastic product. Like Lime Prime but better in every department.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sidetracking a little but will the filling of a glaze be reduced if used via machine? Never really understood how they work just believed in the finish

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The filling from a glaze is increased significantly by machine. More than double.

Glazing by machine is epic.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst the pad might nip out some very light marks, bare in mind the likes of Amigo will remove 2500/3000 wet sanding marks on it's own so it will remove aswell as fill.

Yes your comment still stands. The same as polsihing works better by machine than it does by hand. I like 2 layers. :eek: