ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Classic games

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Basically ripped from the other post regarding ppl's thoughts on the Champ Man/FM series....

What do people fondly remember from their old computer/console days?

Mine include Buggy Boy, Beach Head, The Sentinel, Elite, Dungeon Master and that 9 month spell that was spent on Wasteland on the C64!

D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what was wasteland?

i used to love this game on the c64 where you were a cop driving around, very similiar to the original grand theft auto in design, and you would catch speeders and people littering.

the best bit was bshing the joystick to make a criminal 'confess' before the boss came in the room! used to crakc me up!

any one remember what it was called?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
seb182 said:
what was wasteland?

i used to love this game on the c64 where you were a cop driving around, very similiar to the original grand theft auto in design, and you would catch speeders and people littering.

the best bit was bshing the joystick to make a criminal 'confess' before the boss came in the room! used to crakc me up!

any one remember what it was called?

That would be APB m8!

Wasteland was one of the most original RPG games of the late 80s.

http://wasteland.rockdud.net/wasteland.html

Originally released on the Apple II, it came out on the C64 and the IBM PC. Set in a post-nuclear scenario of Nevada/New Mexico area - it was ground-breaking at the time. Its available for download on the PC at a whopping 847kb!!! :cool:

D.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Another classic game.

Streets Of Rage - where you could play as a team, my favourite game EVER.

Golden Axe had the same feature.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i take it thats the link for it then? rude, i'll check it out.

you got any downloads for APB? that game rocked!!!!!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Darren S said:
That would be APB m8!

Wasteland was one of the most original RPG games of the late 80s.

http://wasteland.rockdud.net/wasteland.html

Originally released on the Apple II, it came out on the C64 and the IBM PC. Set in a post-nuclear scenario of Nevada/New Mexico area - it was ground-breaking at the time. Its available for download on the PC at a whopping 847kb!!! :cool:

D.

do you know where the download is matey? fancy giving it go!

do you know where APB is available also?

Mk2 Golf GTI
A modern classic is definately Final Fantasy 7.

Older classics though, Sensible Soccer, Dizzy, The Lost Vikings, FIFA 95, Sonic

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what was that game on the amiga were you owned a factory nd had to make weird toys, like c3po and darth vader and if you didn't do things like fix the machine at the right time it would make the toys in the wrong order? that was coolio aswell.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
spirez said:
A modern classic is definately Final Fantasy 7.

Older classics though, Sensible Soccer, Dizzy, The Lost Vikings, FIFA 95, Sonic

My m8 nearly went to the Betty Ford Clinic to stop his addiction to that! I never stuck it through with that. Still have it here on the PS1 somewhere....

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
seb182 said:
what was that game on the amiga were you owned a factory nd had to make weird toys, like c3po and darth vader and if you didn't do things like fix the machine at the right time it would make the toys in the wrong order? that was coolio aswell.

Bugger - I know the one you mean.... :S

It wasn't called Nightshift, was it?

D.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Darren S said:
My m8 nearly went to the Betty Ford Clinic to stop his addiction to that! I never stuck it through with that. Still have it here on the PS1 somewhere....

D.

I actually cried my eyes out once becasue i deleted my saved game where i had just about done everything posssible on it...

How sad is that!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Almost forgot - Forbidden Forest by Cosmi and Daley Thompson's Decathlon by Ocean. The amount of joysticks I knackered as a kid by trying to complete the 1,500metres in the quickest time!

D.

What was that trilogy of games, of which one was called Knightlore????? I used to play them for ages. It was a sort of a maze type game.

Another one was Track and Field......Knacked many a joystick playing that:)

Darren S said:
Almost forgot - Forbidden Forest by Cosmi and Daley Thompson's Decathlon by Ocean. The amount of joysticks I knackered as a kid by trying to complete the 1,500metres in the quickest time!

D.

never knew back then when i was drumming away on that joystick that it was practice for later life! :p

Lee

BMW M2C
I used to work with the guy who wrote Daley Thompsons Decathlon. He'd got sick of programming and became Network Admin for Software Creations.

http://www.c64hq.com/interviews/galway.html haha, just found this, Martin Gallway, hero. Also Ben Dalgish, who worked on a lot of stuff for Elite, well before I worked there of course.

Dave Collier at Ocean in that link as the guy who wrote most the sports titles.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
EvoCarl said:
never knew back then when i was drumming away on that joystick that it was practice for later life! :p

LOL m8!!!

Lee - I thought Dave Braben and Ian Bell wrote Elite? I've heard of that Ben Dalglish name though....

D.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
in no particular order

Dizzy, Pyjamarama, horace goes skiing/spiders/ altered beast, streets of rage, golden axe, SF2, mortal combat, John Madden, Beast Master, Pit Fighter, Sonic, Wonderboy, Pro EVO (all versions), sensible soccer, combat school, outrun, chase HQ, Afterburner, space harrier, aeroblasters, ghost and goblins, gryzor, target renegade, rainbow islands, New zealand story, moonwalker

etc etc

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Clart said:
in no particular order

Dizzy, Pyjamarama, horace goes skiing/spiders/ altered beast, streets of rage, golden axe, SF2, mortal combat, John Madden, Beast Master, Pit Fighter, Sonic, Wonderboy, Pro EVO (all versions), sensible soccer, combat school, outrun, chase HQ, Afterburner, space harrier, aeroblasters, ghost and goblins, gryzor, target renegade, rainbow islands, New zealand story, moonwalker

etc etc

Two of the best games ever to grace the Amiga....

Lee - wrong Elite, doh! They could do no wrong at one point...

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
I played New Zealand Story to death, along with Batman the Movie and F/A 18 Interceptor. The Batman pack.

I'm amazed Steve has managed to keep the Elite name going. They were going down fast when I left around 10 years ago.

Here a cool 80's game quiz. www.rapidpants.com/junk/80sArcad.xls

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lee said:
I played New Zealand Story to death, along with Batman the Movie and F/A 18 Interceptor. The Batman pack.

I'm amazed Steve has managed to keep the Elite name going. They were going down fast when I left around 10 years ago.

Here a cool 80's game quiz. www.rapidpants.com/junk/80sArcad.xls

The same Amiga Pack that I got m8. I remember hearing intro music for the first time on F-18 Interceptor when I bought the 512k expansion board for it. Bloody £60 it cost as well... :eek:

Needed it to get Dungeon Master working - the lucky sods with the Atari STs could run it with 512k...

Crikey. More memories of Starglider 2, Stunt Car Racer and Might & Magic 2 come flooding back now. Christ, I'd dread to the think how many months of my life have been wasted......!

D.

RIP Dan
Mattieuk said:
Cheers Clart,

ghost and goblins.....I ve been trying to think of that games name for the past hour. :)

Ever finish it? in the local arcade i used to get jaw ache i was soooo tense whilst playing. I did fininsh it though, you needed crosses as weapons on the last couple of levels, then the stupid devil came and kidnapped the bird again and you started all over again. They used to sling me out as i made 10p last over and hour.

bubble bobble

tetris

double dragon

international karate

dino dinos kick off

xenon 2

super sprinter

outrun

the adventures of dizzy

and who can forget frogger