ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CL RC5+

Clio 172
Am going to be needing some new pads soon. Mainly for fast road use but I do a few trackdays aswell. I know people swear by ds2500's but was wondering what the CL RC5+ are like if anyone has used them. Obviously I want decent pads but don't want dust thats gonna kill the wheels and paint on my car as its my daily. All advice appreciated

M135i and the shed
Had them on the Meg. Never had problems with the dust and in my experience that reputation was down to the RC5's not the RC5+.

They were pretty good on the Meg but when I removed them to fit my new discs all the friction material had detached from the backing plates. Not cool.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
for a road car they are not ideal. They will rattle as the backing plate is smaller to allow for expansion under race conditions. The issue with the backing plate we think is due to rapid heating and cooling from normal road use and everyday weather conditions.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Don't have a problem with dust using ds2500,they can leave some sticky residue when used hard on track,very good pads.

Clio 172
Its the eating wheels and damaging paint on the car thing thats a no no for me. If it was a track only car I wouldnt give a s**t

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
RC5's are utterly brilliant pads!!!! I literally could not get them to fade.

They did eat my wheels though, these were only 5 months/3k miles old ....

IMG_0670.jpg

733f2e04.jpg

Still got half the dust up the side of the car as well tbh.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
There are special chemicals you can get for removing iron filings off paintwork. Not something most people have in the collection though

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Mine has had 3 sets of DS2500's on the front and not had any paint damage. It gets used for road and track. They're superb pads.