ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chromecast.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
That just from a Samsung device or any? If it's any device that's awesome.

I have a nexus so any android I'm assuming.

Some things are easier with the chromecast though. For example, YouTube. Searching for something on the phone is much easier than using the TV remote to navigate through a keyboard.

Having said that, that could be solved with a wireless keyboard. Seems the chromecast missed the party really

2014 Focus Titanium
That's useful then.

To be fair it'd be pointless me getting a smart TV as I have my chromecast plugged into my AVR so everything comes through my sound system. It's cool that smart tvs are actually smart now!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I was generally disappointed with the chromecast.
just felt it wasn't quite what it could have been.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
How does one mirror android screen?
When I try to cast 'popcorn time' (illegal streaming app with inbuilt chromecast feature) I get the message "Chrome does not support this media type".

Screen mirror could be a work around?

Fiesta ST-2
Screen mirroring is very poor when watching films. Download Avia media player, you can cast popcorn using that.

Yaris Hybrid
Bought one for my Dad for his birthday so he could watch BT Sports in other rooms as he didn't like using his ipad. He liked it so much he asked me to get him another one for Xmas to put in another room! No issue setting it up but when I saw him watching some Football it did look like it was at a slightly lower frame rate than regular TV footage.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Bit of a bump, but does anyone using chromecast get issues where it overheats?

After 2-3 hours (box set binges) the sound gets really broken, crackly and metallic. Its physically hot to touch, but if i unplug it for a minute or so its good for another 45 mins

Impreza RB5 #054
Same as above, mine is left on all the time, it does get a little warm but no sound or vision problems.

Only issue I ever have is with the Netflix app not recognising a chrome cast but simply closing the app and starting again solves it.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
How are you 2 powering yours?
With a usb socket on the tv, or mains?

I've had a bit of a google and it looks like i'm not the only one having the issue

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
How are you 2 powering yours?
With a usb socket on the tv, or mains?

I've had a bit of a google and it looks like i'm not the only one having the issue

Mines fine and I power it from the TV USB. Have you tried the HDMI extender to give it a little more room to dissipate the heat?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Mine never came with an extender?
I've seen people saying they run cooler with the mains adapter, so i was considering trying that instead of running from the tv's usb.
Airflow isn't an issue as its on the side port of a wall mounted tv

Impreza RB5 #054
IOS users, there is a app called TVcast which now allows you to stream videos from any site, handy for streaming films and TV series.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Anyone used the chromecast v2?

Mines still got the issues i mentioned before and looking for a cheap solution to keep netflix in the bedroom for netflix and chill lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have the V2 and no issues so far. Downloaded localcast for anything that CC won't do like MovieHD etc. Really impressed so far! Linked with Spotify the missus has also been using it lots.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
My v1 still overheats and looses sound quality.

Stuck between a cc or an amazon stick to replace it with

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure why anyone would go for the amazon one rover the CC. 25 with 20 quid of play vouchers! CC v2 for a fiver!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't understand why you would need Kodi and it's faults when you have mobdo and the movie ones.

Kodi is poor in comparison.