ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing seats in a Non-Sport...

Hi guys,

I really want to change my seats as the standard ones look pants!
Obviously I looked into getting sports seats but I don't want my airbags to not work, I'd rather keep the safety aspect tbh :L

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :) :)

My seats were literally plug & play (nearly)

The passenger seat didn't have any plugs though so I had to join them, but it worked

My seats were literally plug & play (nearly)

The passenger seat didn't have any plugs though so I had to join them, but it worked
Was this from a sport to a non sport? If so the airbag lights should've come on shouldn't they?

The only difference is sport seats have airbags in the side bolsters, however not all non sports do.
Ahh okay, so if I got the ones without airbags then it wouldn't throw up the warning lights on the dashboard like it would do with the ones with airbags?

Was this from a sport to a non sport? If so the airbag lights should've come on shouldn't they?

Ahh okay, so if I got the ones without airbags then it wouldn't throw up the warning lights on the dashboard like it would do with the ones with airbags?

No. you can only get sports seats with airbags.
However if your current seats do not have them your airbag ECU will be programmed differently. The best way is to use resistors.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you don't already have airbags and the put seats with airbags in then they will just be there doing nothing as you can't plug them in. If you try and plug them in but the airbag ecu isn't programmed for them then you will get a light.

No. you can only get sports seats with airbags.
However if your current seats do not have them your airbag ECU will be programmed differently. The best way is to use resistors.

If you don't already have airbags and the put seats with airbags in then they will just be there doing nothing as you can't plug them in. If you try and plug them in but the airbag ecu isn't programmed for them then you will get a light.

Ahh okay! I see what you're saying now!
So if my bog standard seats don't have airbags and I try to connect them up then the car will throw a wobbly because it's not programmed to recognise the airbags in the first place
But if they do have airbags in as standard then no light should be thrown up because the ECU has already been programmed to understand the airbags.
So as long as my bog standard seats have airbags in them (which they do) then no error should be thrown up at all?

If I've completely got this all wrong then I really do apologise in advance!
Thank you so much for all of the help everyone! :)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm really keen to start saving pennies for some nice leather seats! I don't want to buy some and cause myself any issues!

If I buy leather seats that were originally in a Sport with airbags, (which as James said they all do) and put them into my Non Sport (which the current seats also have airbags in the side) will they work absolutely fine with no issues?

I'm really sorry to ask again but I'm just paranoid about it and wanted to make absolutely sure that I won't have any issues!

Thank you in advance guys, sorry to be a pain ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Most 172 air bag seats probably have disabled airbags by now anyway.

I haven't done it myself but I would put money on them being compatible. It's only 2 wires IIRC.