ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

change from coilovers to standard shocks .

clio 182 turbo
At the moment I have solid top mounts and brace and gaz coilovers track focused ,I may need to start using the car everyday so ,would you go standard topmounts ,standard cup shocks and some springs or leave coilovers and just top mounts .

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've got KW V1's and standard top mounts on mine and use it daily.

A lot of people run solid top mounts solely on the road but from what I've read, standards are a bit more forgiving.

clio 182 turbo
if I do go back to daly I will need it to be more forgiving ,ill see what happens in the next few days ,if I do I will have solid top mounts ,strut brace ,gaz coilovers ,and brembo calipers and brackets for sale .

so if some has nearly new standard suspension and lowering springs I may do a deal .

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
if I do go back to daly I will need it to be more forgiving ,ill see what happens in the next few days ,if I do I will have solid top mounts ,strut brace ,gaz coilovers ,and brembo calipers and brackets for sale .

so if some has nearly new standard suspension and lowering springs I may do a deal .
Selling brembo?

clio 182 turbo
I may do ,I need to decide on what im doing making it more every day car or getting another car

182 trackcar, XC60t6
I have done 30000km on rough NZ B roads to work with PMS top mounts and std shocks. Really good ride and handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I use b14s answer standard top mounts and mine does 40miles daily.

You can always get softer springs for the Gaz's to keep it more everyday rather than track focused. As there being removed to do that, you could fit standard top mounts at the same time.

clio 182 turbo
brembos are fine mate for every day ,just thinking if I do I will sell them on ,really don't know what to do ,should of stayed where I was and not moved .