ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cashback on mobile phones

PB Clio 172
Ok its been a while shince i have changed my contract. Call me stupid but a company is going to give me over £300 cashback on a mobile phone. This sounds way to good to be true. Ok its a 24 month contract at £36 a month

Is this too good to be true or shall or would you snap their hand off?

Help

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
A T-Mobile once told me that only 16% of Carphone Warehouse customers received their cashback on contract deals, I don't know whether that was because they didn't claim or not though.
Make of it what you will.

PB Clio 172
this is the thing, do I believe it or not because if I don't get the cash I don't want the contract

anyone else got the cash asap? no small print which is a worry

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Its often 'via redemption' which means you have to keep all of your statements and send them off by post every quarter.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I handed in my broken blackerry 9780 at vodafone when i got a new contract and they give me £160 cash. I only signed up to a 12 month contract.

Clio RS200 FF
The O2 shop close to me offered me £210 credit if I traded in my old iPhone (3Gs) when I bought my HTC sensation. No stupid cash back deals just no bills for 6 months.

Clio 182, VW Caddy
Some cash back deals are more reliable than others, I've done one in the past via redemption, bit of a pain but got the money in the end. I've heard horror stories about the companies going bust and the consumer being left with a 24 month contract with the phone company at the full price.

DB.

BMW 440i
The O2 shop close to me offered me £210 credit if I traded in my old iPhone (3Gs) when I bought my HTC sensation. No stupid cash back deals just no bills for 6 months.

You went from an iPhone to a HTC?

jackie-chan-meme1.jpg

I always got ky phones from mobiles.co.UK with cashback. In my experience you had to wait for the contract cool off period to finish ~3months then 28 days to receive a check. I've had 180 with HTC hero, 160 with HTC desire hd and 120 with HTC one s cashback over the years. All received.