ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars been keyed, rough prices?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi folks...

As i left my house earlier i was walking out my garden path when i heard a fairly loud scratching noise, looked at my car to see my ex girlfriend and her mate keying my car. From the front wing, right through the drivers door, along the rear quarter and ending on the petrol cap.

Phoned the police and my ex grassed her mate in for doing it because she was shitting herself. So her mates been charged and will ve getting a fine but for some reason she may not have to pay compensation if the judge doesnt make her. Which i think its absolutely crazy.

Now, before this happened the car was absolutely mint. Theres no other scratches or dents anywhere on the car and the paint is in good nick. So its going to have to be a very good repair to get it back to the standard it was.

Anyone know what sort of prices im looking at roughly?

deda8a3u.jpg
a2u4a9y3.jpg
gagy7ase.jpg
7aje2a2y.jpg

Thanks.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
It was actually her mate that scratched the car, but my ex put her up to it.

Personally find it hilarious she put her up to it then grassed her in haha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
This is the meg nice and clean.. am i likely to get it sorted properly so its not noticable or will it have to be a full respray?

jarape7y.jpg

Ta

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah figired that mate, just dont really know whats going to need painted in order to get a good finish again.

Ill fire round a few places tomorrow and get some quotes

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
That shouldn't be too expensive if you find a friendly body shop, I got my old RB's rear quarter re-done and i think that was like £60 or something.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hopefully it wont be too bad. When i had my front bumper done on my ph2 it was £100. And he done a shite job haha.

Hope they wont have to blend the wing/quarter in to the bumpers or anythingm

When mine got keyed. It cost £450 for rear passenger door, rear wing and bootlid. That was fully resprayed and blended in.

Think the ex needs a backhander to the chops!!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
What did you do to her? Tbh even though your ex might of not done it I'd still be blaming her for putting her mate up to it, she'd be paying if it was me!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
That shouldn't be too expensive if you find a friendly body shop, I got my old RB's rear quarter re-done and i think that was like £60 or something.

FFS bet that was a tidy job LOL

Retribution needed on ex and her mate !!!

SQ5
Our VXR got done before Xmas last year and was £550+vat, ended up getting it done for free though as the company sub contracted it out and didn't tell us!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
If judge finds her guilty can you not go to the small claims court? I'd be getting a top top job and taking the receipt to court with me.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly like Rob says it wont be cheap to get a decent job.

And with it being a red, even a decent job will end up faded to a slightly different shade a few years down the line unless you get the whole car resprayed I reckon.

Great to hear that she is getting done for it, but a real shame your scummy ex is getting off scott free.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's awful!

Some women are just mental aren't they!

As said, I'd be paying top money to get that sprayed up and matched.
Good luck with sorting it all

WTF ??

Hopefully she / her mate has to pay for it!
So not only did they get caught, she even grassed her up!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
WTF ??

Hopefully she / her mate has to pay for it!
So not only did they get caught, she even grassed her up!

He certainly sounds like he is a lot better off with his Ex being an Ex!

Its crazy if the bint that did it doesnt have to pay!

Liam, How old was the bird that scratched your car?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I finished with my girlfriend about 6 weeks ago. Shes turned out to be a compulsive liar and is now trying to ruin my life any way that she can. I had to call the police out on new years night because i when i got back from a street party in the next village she was waiting outside my mates house for us at 3am. She wouldnt leave and then she started to attack me.

The stupid little c**t that damaged the car has nothing to do with anything, she is about 17/18yr old. I have only spoken to her maybe 2/3 times and there has never been a problem between us before.

She has done it purely because my ex told her a load of b****cks about me and her and probably told her to do it aswell.
I was thinking closer to a grand so 6/700 will be better!

Thanks

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I would say 600 -800 depending on where you go.
i had a whole clio side and bonnet done for 600 quid.
but i know the chap.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Alright thats not SO bad then. Typical its right after xmas and im f**king skint!

As for going through a small claims court, that would cost alot more than the repairs so its not worth doing :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Alright thats not SO bad then. Typical its right after xmas and im f**king skint!

As for going through a small claims court, that would cost alot more than the repairs so its not worth doing :(

If she has the money it would be worth doing as you could claim for costs too.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I agree with Chip, it's worth doing. Your ex grassed on her mate and you witnessed it, so the police know your car was definitely damaged by her.
If and when it goes to court (seeing as the by the sounds of it you have all the evidence in your favor) take a few estimates from a few different body shops with you and present them to the judge. She should be left without an option but to pay for the damages.

IF the judge proceeds to let her off.....then take the option of going to the small claims courts.
With the amount of substantial evidence you have, I highly doubt you would loose.

Good luck getting that repaired for less than £71.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
£71? The police told me last night it would be up in the thousands going through small claims?

Just got a price from a local guy whos a mechanic but does bodywork, £400 from him. I wont be getting him to do it though. Just a rough price

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
£71? The police told me last night it would be up in the thousands going through small claims?

If coppers understood the law, they'd be lawyers instead. LOL

Dont ask the guy on the counter at McDonald about the intricacies of fine cuisine and dont ask coppers about the intricacies of the law IME.