ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre wrap dash parts

clio, 1.4 dynamique
gave this a go today, i don't think its a bad effort for a first attempt!!

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

clio
can you only do the hazard surround then? i wanted to get the whole centre console wraped but i cant find any done :-(

2014 Clio 200t edc
gave this a go today, i don't think its a bad effort for a first attempt!!

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

Looks ace mate, really good!! Really want mine done just like yours, but dont have time or patience to do it, or money to buy already done ones!! Might have to bite bullet and get some to try.
Any tips anyone?

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
dont bother laquering 3m, the laquer loses the texture of the vinyl, and just makes it look w**k

2014 Clio 200t edc
Does anyone have any idea how much stuff the 50x50mm sheet would do? Provided it all goes well?
I would like the bullets, both diamonds, dash and steering wheel trims and gearknob. Would it theoretically be enough?
Thanks in advance

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
no. 50x50CM might be though. Buy more than you need though (much more) if this is your first time using the stuff, oh and a good heat gun will make things much much easier.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah I've just realised 50mm is tiny!! Lol. Thanks for the advice, will a hairdryer work? Any other tips? really want to have a go and get the bits done. I'll get that ordered Tuesday to start.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
yeah a hairdryer will work but you won't get enough heat into the vinyl to make it as easy to mould and shape.

i just found it soooo much easier using a heat gun after staring off using a hairdryer. The hairdryer also clapped out!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ok cool thank you. I'll have a go on something simple first, then do the bullets etc. Badly want them done NOW!! Lol

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
make sure your bullets are clean and wipe them over with something (IPA, white spirit, panel wipe, whatever). also make sure they are as smooth as possible, maybe give the a very light wet/dry sanding in places. I found even the slightest mark showed through the vinyl. i would definitely recommend a heat gun for when doing the bullets too because you're going to need a lot of heat to mould the vinyl around the lettering. more heat gives more stretch in the vinyl.

remember though to use short bursts of heat so not to 'melt' the vinyl when using a gun. something blunt to push the vinyl around the lettering is also useful.

2014 Clio 200t edc
One final question. I've had a go, but on the dash strips I can't get a perfect finish on the curves at the ends. How have you done it? Also do you let it set and then trim right down, or mould the excess around the back?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I did that, but it seemed to crease a bit. Is that how everyone's is or just my failure?