ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't start fuel pump not running?

Ibiza Cupra 240hp
Same problem has cropped up, last time I removed the back seats moved the wire which feeds the pump and it primed and worked for a week. yesterday it began to cut out and often back fire, or start and cut out isntantly?

After fiddling the connections and messing around with various otherthings such as relays and connections the car restarted and ran fine up until now, it started and cut out again!

I have managed to make it fire up but running a constant live to the fuel pump (This does not solve the issue the car will only idle with the new live as you would expect).

The electrical warning light is up but because there is no live it turns off when I put my live feed to it.

So what would be causing no juice to be sent to the fuel pump?

Relay perhaps? No faults displayed on the trip computer.

Ibiza Cupra 240hp
Black relay labelled 1 if you put a constant live down the output it gets rid of the electrical fault light and I hear buzzing from the engine bay.

Pinky red relay 2nd in from engine when a constant live is put down the out put it fires up fuel pump.

This allows the car to run fully!
Now I guess it's to why aren't they working as they should any ideas?

Thanks

clio sport 182
Same problem has cropped up, last time I removed the back seats moved the wire which feeds the pump and it primed and worked for a week. yesterday it began to cut out and often back fire, or start and cut out isntantly?

After fiddling the connections and messing around with various otherthings such as relays and connections the car restarted and ran fine up until now, it started and cut out again!

I have managed to make it fire up but running a constant live to the fuel pump (This does not solve the issue the car will only idle with the new live as you would expect).

The electrical warning light is up but because there is no live it turns off when I put my live feed to it.

So what would be causing no juice to be sent to the fuel pump?

Relay perhaps? No faults displayed on the trip computer.

sorry for banging this thread i just replied to post what i know and for benefits also of future readers of this thread. this is how to check. you should be able to hear the system pressure up upon turning my key on right? I turned my key on with my gf under the car and there are no pump noises. another important thing to do also is to check electrical connector somewhere near the tank (for the pump), be sure that is connected well and that the wires going into the connector are not loose.

this info might also help
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC4XU8iw796TcnicdPPOJadpU2RQNSO1oGgBGQ58O9ftQzwqZleg.png