ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Tax

Had a letter through from DVLA today reminding me my car tax is due. I drive a 1.4ltr (1395cc) and they reckon its gonna be £125 for the year?

My mum got hers last month (1.2 fiesta) and the guy in the post office said everything under 1.4 is £110 for the year, which i thought was right!?

so how much is the years tax on a 1.4?

Dan.

dk

911 GTS Cab

afaik it depends when the car was registered, different rules apply to different age of cars, they have changed the pricing several times over the past few years, i doubt they are wrong.

first they introduced a lower payment for cars under 1.2, then the 1.4 rule was introduced and then a new one based on emissions so it depends when the car was registered mate.

dk

911 GTS Cab

1.4 clio registered from 1st march 2001 is a band B which is £125 for 12 months, you can do a search for your car band from the link on the website listed at the top

hmm... well im lucky then! :)

cheers for your help guys, and there was me ready to fone up DVLA to give them grief!

Dan.

I hate road tax, bout time they fixed the roads, i always feel hard done by as i have more than one car and 3 of them are in the higher bracket but i only ever have one on a public road at any time the rest are off road on my own private property.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

learn something new everyday,didnt know they had a band system for car tax. always thought there were just two prices-below or above 1500cc

Lots of Alfas

what a crap rule we have 2 clios that have the exact same engines but on one we have to pay £110 and the other £105 and they were only made a year apart.