ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car insurance, price increase??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
A friend of mine has just passed his test and on the hunt for a first car!

hes 18 and lives in a good area,

£2688 a year for a 1.2 clio,
and thats after having a look around!!

im all for poor little rich kids paying over the odds for nice cars, but its possibly the most basic car anyone can buy!!

Im in shock, how do the insurance companies expect kids to pay these prices!! its an absolute joke. IMO, its just encouraging people to lie on the policy or just drive without it!!

create enough poverty, and everyones theif.

sorry, just fancied a rant!
have the prices gone up recently??
i paid 2k for my 1.2 back in 2008,
and that was with mods and claims!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
A friend of mine has just passed his test and on the hunt for a first car!

hes 18 and lives in a good area,

£2688 a year for a 1.2 clio,
and thats after having a look around!!

im all for poor little rich kids paying over the odds for nice cars, but its possibly the most basic car anyone can buy!!

Im in shock, how do the insurance companies expect kids to pay these prices!! its an absolute joke. IMO, its just encouraging people to lie on the policy or just drive without it!!

create enough poverty, and everyones theif.

sorry, just fancied a rant!
have the prices gone up recently??
i paid 2k for my 1.2 back in 2008,
and that was with mods and claims!

They dont, they would rather young people wernt on the roads hence the high prices.

Its unreal, my bro passed a few weeks ago and bought himself a new VW Fox - Insurance Group 1.

The cheapest quote he got was 2.2k. And he phoned EVERYONE.

I even looked because I thought he was doing something wrong! It's insane!!

RB FF 182
I insured my 172, with ZERO no claims (due to having comany cars) for £700 a year. Then I got a years no claims and rang up to renew and its gone up to £1290 a year!!! (And that is the cheapest I could find.)

They said "It's because of the amount of accidents in Clio's over the last 12 months."

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
a 1.2 mk2 ph1 clio is pretty much worthless!!

i a bit unfair that people are allowed to drive at 17, pass their test and basically told to F off by the insurance companies.
i genuinly do not believe any full time student could afford that kind of money for insurance on a part time wage! and somepeople cant afford to have parent pay for it!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why do students need cars?

Just do some insurance fronting lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Why do students need cars?

Just do some insurance fronting lol

im pretty sure a huge number of people on the roads dont NEED a car,
and youre right, this rediculous prices are just enocouraging people to lie!

Driving is a privilege, not a right. If it's to expensive, tough.

so if daddy isnt rich enough, you're not allowed to drive??
seems fair! great!!

i bet you vote conservative ;)

i just think it seems unfair to say people can drive at 17, but the insurance companies are deliberatley pricing it so that they cant afford it on their own.
and there's no real alternative is offered!!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My dad has never paid anything towards any car I've owned...well, that's a lie, he paid the £200 deposit on my first car in 2006. Everything else I have paid for. Did my pass plus to reduce my premium a bit, built up my own NCB. I waited a year after I passed my test to get my own car. Having done all that, I have never paid the extortionate prices other seem to get for insurance. Never paid more than £650 for a year, and that was the first year of having my own car (I was 19).

A bit of patience and you don't have to fork out thousands. :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
my moan is on the INCREASE of car insurance,
my first year at 18 should have been 1500, which is bearable for me at the time.

my compaint is that at 18 it is now 2688 for the same car i had at the same age!
my friend in question has no other car to use, and has to take a 2 hour commute by bus and train every day, so i dont blame his lack of patience at this time
he thought passing his test would be the light at the end of the tunnel, only to be met with this!!
theyre pushing people to desperation when they want to get behind the wheel!!