ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you buy this bracket from Renault?

Ph1
The front brackets which hold the bumper on (ph1 172): Does anyone know if you can buy these?. Also are they common place on all ph1 Clio's or just exclusive to 172's ?

DSC04648_zps896e9b4b.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Haven't got a clue if you can buy one to be honest , but my guess would be no . Imagine if they sold every little bracket , nut , bolt etc ..... they'd need a big storage facility . The bracket you've circled looks like it's just popped riveted on to me .You could probably knock one up out of a bit of aluminium .

Ph1
Yeah its just riveted on. The bracket is fine its just the bolt has snapped inside it on the passenger side and the drivers side someone has drilled it out totally and fastened it by a nut at the rear (a bit pikey).

New bracket would be the easiest option.

Don't suppose anyone knows if this bracket is the same set up for all Clio's? I know there are a few non sports down the local breakers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I would imagine that they all have the same brackets , thats my guess anyway . I can't really see Renault making different brackets for different models , to keep the cost down . You could have a look at the nonsports i suppose , but maybe they were drilled out on yours because they'd rusted in ? It's possible the nonsports you'd look at , they'll be rusted in those too . Failing that , make your own , they're not exactly complicated in design looking at that pic .

Ph1
I thought the same but Haynes says the bumper is held on by screws at the front. Searched on here and it appears the base models don't have the bracket riveted on as per below pic. Maybe just depends on the bumper configuration.

DumfriesandGalloway-20121110-00544_zpsd3446dee.jpg

Haven't got a clue if you can buy one to be honest , but my guess would be no . Imagine if they sold every little bracket , nut , bolt etc ..... they'd need a big storage facility . The bracket you've circled looks like it's just popped riveted on to me .You could probably knock one up out of a bit of aluminium .

I work for Renault trucks and they claim 90% parts availability of any current truck is over night and 100% of parts can be got in 2 days so technically you could order every part needed and build your own truck. I'm sure this bracket would have been sold when the car was new but now it's not in production it's hard to say. I can always have a look for you if you get me your reg

Ph1
I'm picking up a few parts from Renault tomorrow anyway so will ask if they do this on the parts. Just hope its not one of these jobs where it comes with a bumper only rather than as a separate.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm picking up a few parts from Renault tomorrow anyway so will ask if they do this on the parts. Just hope its not one of these jobs where it comes with a bumper only rather than as a separate.

I tried sending you a pm last night but your inbox is full .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Could you send me it again mate?. I'v emptied the inbox

Just tried again mate . It says "

• Andyman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. " ??

Ph1
Just tried again mate . It says "
  • Andyman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. " ??

Yeah got a email to say you'd tried. I deleted a few messages to make space as well. Must be to do with membership going from full to non member. I'll delete more.

Went to Renault and luckily they do sell these brackets so ordered them. 14 odd quid a pop for the pair but at least its hassle free and factory

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah got a email to say you'd tried. I deleted a few messages to make space as well. Must be to do with membership going from full to non member. I'll delete more.

Went to Renault and luckily they do sell these brackets so ordered them. 14 odd quid a pop for the pair but at least its hassle free and factory

Nice one . Glad you got em sorted mate :D

Lots of Alfas
Andy if you wouldnt mind posting the part number when you get them, I need 2X as both mine are broke from some previous mechanic thats over tightened them.

Ph1
Apologies for the late response.

Fitted these today with a Halfords rivet gun kit. One issue i had was the rivets in the Halfords kit were not clamping down one side of the brackets, rivets were too short. Not sure if this is down to me being a newbie with a pop rivet gun lol or if Renault used slightly longer rivets. Ended up riveting one hole per bracket and just bolted down the other.

DSC04774_zps5e01e08e.jpg