ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camber problem (fred etc)

b/g 182, meg tourer
following on from this thread...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=499567

... what would cause my camber to be 1 degree out? noticed that the car pulls into uneven surfaces, turn in feels sharp but followed by a bit of a wobble, and driving at high speeds feels unstable the front wheels do not feel connected to the road.
after taking my car in for tracking check the passanger side was spot on but the drivers side had 1 degree more camber (pass -1 04' drive -0 23'). they said it could be a twisted shock or wishbone, is there any way of confirming this before i spend money on things that might not be the problem? oem shocks on 60k by the way.
many thanks.

Icy berg 172 & 172 Cup
This sounds exactly the same as what is happening to mine, Fred has driven mine and agreed that it felt a bit rare, I have a knocking top mount and play in the drivers side inner track rod .

The most frighting symptoms seem to be when turning to the right the car will turn normally at first and then bite and the back end will follow , almost as if the geometry changes under steering load etc
I will keep you posted with any progress I make first thing I will do will be top mounts and that inner track rod

b/g 182, meg tourer
so does anyone have any clue as to what may cause my camber to be out by 1 degree?
thanks for the input cupsize. interesting to see if top mounts and track rods will cure it.

RB 182 cup
luke you are more than welcome to pop round mine if you want so i can have a proper look for ya, as im living in p'boro now

b/g 182, meg tourer
you sure tom? that would be great! really want to just find the problem and sort it now, lol. its bugging me!
let me know when is good for you and i will pop over :)