ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt?

Clio
The missus has a 2001 (51) Clio Dynamique 1.2. It's done 62k - I was under the impression that the cambelt should of been done at 60k? Is this the case? If so, how much should I be looking at for it? Cheers!

Peugeot 306 HDi
It's 72k or five years, so it should have been done on the age count. I wouldn't really risk more than 50-60k either. I got a very good deal and got mine done for £180 at the local Dealer when I had my Dynamique so I'm not sure of a 'normal' price.

Clio
Cheers.

I'd presume that I could get it done for £180 or thereabouts by going to a good independent dealer? Anything else need done at the same time? I.e. waterpump or any other belts?

Clio
Okay nobody is answering.... different tact.. can anyone recommend a garage in Dundee to take it to? I normally use Kevin Pirie. Will use anywhere bar Arnold Clark though :)

phase 1 172
cant help you concerning where but aux belts/ tensioners and maybe water pump will be checked for wear? dont mess about with cambelts so if it means travelling a little further to make sure its a reptuable place

If you fancy travelling try Park's Renault in Kirkcaldy, trust them alot more than Arnold Shark.

Price was £270 inc VAT. Expensive I know, but I wasn't sure where else to take it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
1.2 16v belt is an absoulute doddle so dont get a garage trying to sting you on a price. yep interval is 72k

LY 182
as said the 1.2 both 8 and 16v is a peice of piss, id do the waterpump while you are there as depending wether you have aircon etc can be a bit of a mare.
change aux belt too simply because you are there

You have to chnage the aux belt as you hould never reuse them and have to take it off to do it anyway. Water pump upto you if it does fail you got to chnage the belt anway (assuming you don't wreck the engine) so its either pay the extra £40 or so for it or else risk it.

Any longer than 60k or 4 years and I'd get it done its only cheap realy to get done.