ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt renault or gates

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Gates make renault belts.

I always use gates and they come with autodata instructions. They're a huge name so it's not in their interest to make a bad belt

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
was reading they are better than the oe renault ones only 77 quid on ebay seems good price

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dayco belt kits come with a 2 year warranty that covers labour and rebuild costs should any part of the kit fail and cause engine failure.

It's the sole reason I chose one for my Passat.

Ph2 172
Supposed to be better than the Renault kit as they come with metal idlers instead of plastic iirc

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thankyou to both above will get the gates 77 quid metal idlers gr8 stuff,cars cost so much bleedin money next is aux belt waterpump,rs tuner might get decat but 50/50 about one

I won't use ANYTHING other than genuine now. Had far too many issues with non genuine. And then trying to get them to admit anything under warranty is like getting blood out of a stone. Atleast when I had issues with an aux belt failure, Renault admitted fault instantly.