ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calliper Colours!

Just looking for some inspiration and more importantly, some photos of what people have done with their callipers......... what colours would/do look good, especially in this case for an Arctic blue? Not thinking about bright pink or anything crazy lol but what about gold, or silver, or even black? Or maybe yellow? There are lots of good options but also lots of options that could look rubbish too 😂

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Standard FTW

28090774382_84874c3168_z.jpg

RB Clio 182
Did you do them yourself?
Yes mate, halfords smooth hammerite, two very thin coats so you get no runs etc, get the wire brush on them first, degrease them and give them a good clean and dry before you start.

The calipers have been painted about 4 years previous to the above pic, they need doing again now to be perfect as theres a couple of chips here and there.

Last edited:
  monaco 172
Red looked great on my black 182. Not sure if itl look good on a manaco though. Currently silver but it looks a bit boring.

Clio 182 - RB
Sending a full set of callipers I got off here a few months ago to Big Red before the summer break to be refurbed and i'll be going with premium silver! Looks so fresh and clean [emoji16]

9b52c2db30f3241b57e68e0fa58fdd84.jpg

Incase anyone is interested.. They said if I send all 4 callipers in at once they'd give me 10% off, which works out at £275 inc sent back to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Sending a full set of callipers I got off here a few months ago to Big Red before the summer break to be refurbed and i'll be going with premium silver! Looks so fresh and clean [emoji16]

9b52c2db30f3241b57e68e0fa58fdd84.jpg

Incase anyone is interested.. They said if I send all 4 callipers in at once they'd give me 10% off, which works out at £275 inc sent back to you!

Did you end up getting your callipers done by Big Red?

What did you do regarding the sliders etc?

Tom

Clio 182 - RB
@a17vts - I'll be getting them done in a few months, when we have the better weather.

Regards to sliders, I asked them if they could source me new ones, they said they would, although told me that there would be no need as they clean and zinc plate your old ones.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
@a17vts - I'll be getting them done in a few months, when we have the better weather.

Regards to sliders, I asked them if they could source me new ones, they said they would, although told me that there would be no need as they clean and zinc plate your old ones.

Cheers @BGEarles

Do they also do the calliper carriers?

Tom

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
I painted mine red but then got the brakes that hot on a track day that the bright red paint melted and turned a really nasty looking shade of red. Ended up spraying them satin black.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just finished doing mine. Not the most fun and quite fiddly job, and im freezing! Front wheel bolts would not shift so took it to the local garage and chucked them £5 to undo them and torque them back to correct setting! They were even shocked as to how tight they were. Excuse the extremely dirty wheels.

Anyway, much better. I'm not the best with a brush so there is a small amount of paint where it shouldn't be haha.

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

RB Clio 182
Just finished doing mine. Not the most fun and quite fiddly job, and im freezing! Front wheel bolts would not shift so took it to the local garage and chucked them £5 to undo them and torque them back to correct setting! They were even shocked as to how tight they were. Excuse the extremely dirty wheels.

Anyway, much better. I'm not the best with a brush so there is a small amount of paint where it shouldn't be haha.

View attachment 173623
View attachment 173624
View attachment 173625
They look great mate, youve done a great job, its difficult to get them 100% with a brush.