ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C63 e90 M3 RS5

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
So 18 months ago I sold the 135i rented the house out and moved over to Malta for a job opportunity. Once I got here I bought a MCS as a run around until I settled in.

C6AAA5A9-821B-4A85-9843-B092AC18B2BA_zpsop4addli.jpg

2B084105-1604-47F6-AEA3-B095884ED4A5_zpsueij5l9n.jpg

So now I fed up of driving a car that doesn't really interest me so it's time to look at other options, I will look to buy around Xmas and bring back over to Malta with me. Due to 10 or so months of summer a convertible looks like the good option.

Would be interested in peoples thoughts/ideas and also if anyone has owned any of the below.

390523D8-3200-4706-9B5A-ACAFD61A414F_zpsvj1mkz9p.jpg

933AE712-2F92-4903-AEB1-D3B654EC8A45_zps7lk5f1nd.jpg

79CCB284-29F4-4CF4-8855-3C6AADA90857_zpsituo6gis.jpg

Not sure if I want to spend as much as an RS5 commands but I do like the look and sound of them, but at that price I can look at C4S cabs also hmmm!

I will be test driving these when I'm back in the UK before anyone says drive them.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
C63.

There's a reason why you see few convertibles in hot countries.

Want heat? Walk.

I agree but there's something about driving around at about 7ish in the evening with the roof down. I also quite like the TTRS in coupe

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I agree but there's something about driving around at about 7ish in the evening with the roof down. I also quite like the TTRS in coupe

Worth sacrificing the drive for though?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Worth sacrificing the drive for though?

There's no tracks or B roads out here, not even a motorway! So won't be driving hard enough to tell the difference between cab and coupe.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
In that case what's the point in buying a top end performance car?

C63.

Because to enjoy a car doesn't always mean you have to push it to its limit. C63 seems the popular choice, having spent a lot of time driving an slk55 amg I understand the appeal.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Because to enjoy a car doesn't always mean you have to push it to its limit. C63 seems the popular choice, having spent a lot of time driving an slk55 amg I understand the appeal.

Personally I'd always go native unless you buy a soft top which was designed to be a soft top from the outset.

I'm not really a fan of soft tops in hot country's TBH.

Drive all 3 and then decide.

If I was adamant about a soft top I'd be looking at the SLK or Boxster.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Personally I'd always go native unless you buy a soft top which was designed to be a soft top from the outset.

I'm not really a fan of soft tops in hot country's TBH.

Drive all 3 and then decide.

If I was adamant about a soft top I'd be looking at the SLK or Boxster.

Yea it's a valid point, boxster does do it for me and I spent last summer in a slk 55 amg so kinda feel like I've done that

Clio with a body kit
The only one Iv driven is a c63. I'd choose that especially as it won't be driven hard often. Id be 100% happy just starting it and listening to it!

Vectra SRi
Purely based on looks I'd be going RS5 in that exact spec, I haven't driven any of them so that's all I can really bring to the debate!

Leon Cupra 300
The M3 looks pretty good with the roof down, still sounds mint as its a V8 and will be quick enough!

If I lived over there i think it would be my choice.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Something about that shape m3 being a convertible looks uber s**t.

That m3 is an amazing looking car in its regular guise, but as soon as you take the top off, it just looks, limp (for lack of a better word).

Same with the rs5.

If you want a convertible, buy something designed to be a convertible as has been said.

Imo anyway.

C63.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
M3 over the C63. (My reasons below)

1/ Better chassis, dynamically.
2/ More usable power, the Grunt in the C63 will just flicker the ESP light constantly.
3/ 8k RPM screamer
4/ Prefer the cabin layout
5/ Gearbox is far better
6/ Resales are still strong, paid 30k for mine with 13k on the clock, could sell tomorrow for 27k with 31k on the clock. (Soon to be forsale by the way!)

Never considered the RS5...but it's not a car that ever appealed. The RS4 before was also a bit "Tame"

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
And on the noise point of view...C63 is nice...but I prefer this! Just OEM exhaust mod (40sec in)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
In what way?
It's just a C class with a big engine if that makes sense. Nothing special about them at all imo. Didn't feel that quick either..🙈 Don't get me wrong they are but you know what everyone says about vag cars being boring? These are very much the same.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It all depends what you are used to I guess. Certainly not brutal. His GTR he replaced it with is brutal.