ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye Cup :(

Cupless
Had a slight accident last night, dont think the cups going to pull through :(

Lost for words really :dapprove: car seemed to loose it, not sure if something came off/went wrong but wasnt really going fast and it just span out, tried to correct it but no chance really.

Pictures speak louder than words:

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/herkescup/

Cupless
Not faster than normal, car seemed to give up during the bend(was only a slight bend on a dual carridgeway)

Yea looks toast mate, doubt they will see it fit to fix on insurance, gonna get another or something else?

Cupless
Depends on the insurance payout really still have some finance outstanding, would like another but think it would be a FF or a trophy in a year or so. May have to get a crappy run about for now!

Clio 197
Doesnt look like it will pull through mate, looks a lot of damage but hope your ok, as said, its only metal and can be replaced. Just a shame if it was something to go wrong as you will never really know.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
s**t sorry to hear that mate, as long as your ok as people say cars can be replaced

Tangoed Works
must be lack of abs ;-)

only kidding mate, best thing is your ok. hope insurance pays out etc

M2 Competition
  RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Had a slight accident last night, dont think the cups going to pull through :(

Lost for words really :dapprove: car seemed to loose it, not sure if something came off/went wrong but wasnt really going fast and it just span out, tried to correct it but no chance really.

Pictures speak louder than words:

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/herkescup/

id repair it i reacon £1k max to get it on the road

dude, the wheel is on the drivers seat....

thats never a good sign...

BMW M3
Same happened to me mate a few years ago. Going around a bend quick to be fair but no different to countless times before and the backend just twitched considerably.

At least you're sound.

VW Potato
you must have hit some diesel/grease/oil in the road.

i had my 172 for five 'robust' driving years; the only time it snapped on me was when i hit some diesel on the road. Cars do not just 'snap' on normal roads at speeds relative to the bend.

g

Cupless
Cheers guys, necks gone abit sore but could of been worse! Stopped in at Renault on the way back (was pretty much next door to the recovery place), they said to hold out for 6k insurance payout which I think may be abit too much? 50k miles etc?

80MPG BEEZA
least your alright mate, defo a write off but your better getting pay out then patching that up and get yourself a new car

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Damn, that's taken quite a knock! No way that's gonna make it (wouldn't be the same anyway :()
Good to hear you're alright though.

Cupless
Whoever said thats repairable, apparantly £6883 to repair it, writeoff! (Not that I didnt expect it). I'm sure they'll now offer some rubbish payout :(

LY V6 with Recaros
Oh no, sorry to hear that. Gutted for you :(

On the plus side, as others said at least you are ok.

Clio 172 mk2
gutted:(

Looks like a pretty expensive repair job to me....insurance will probably write that one off

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
looks a sorry site mate!! gutted 4 ya. is ther any chance of repairing it?? i know it does look bad thou!

i know this is abit heartless of me but fancy sellin 2 turini`s if they right it off?? cheers n sorry again

stu

Ad

MK2 FRS
ouch looks a fair old whack, and as you said, no shock it was written off. Should get 5-5000 for it depending on SH etc.

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
how many miles has it done, i had an accident on the way to work a few weeks ago, (btw, yours is def a write off) i got 6k for mine and it wasnt in as good condition as yours was before the crash

mine was an 03 with 28k on the clock, and was a ff

it ended up just being a straight swap for a nice shiny cup

btw i wouldnt get a ff, it will only dissapoint, allthough i do miss the aircon, thats about it!

Seat Leon FR Tdi
Gutted for you mate, same colour as my car. Looks so sorry for itself. Good luck with the insurance, just make sure you drive a hard bargain with them.