ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying parts off CS!

182 FF, A6 Avant
Maybe I've just had bad luck, but of all the stuff I've bought off here in good faith and being described as in good condition, they all been a load of s**t!

"Working gearbox" was fubar and no use other than for the case.
"Good condition wishbones" one of which is bent!
"good condition powerflex dogbone" with a knackered bush that's fit for the bin.

​Pretty pissed off tonight!

GSXR + KDX220
Likewise, any parts Ive bought from there have always been as described. Put it down to bad luck, although I'd still be pretty pissed off as you say :(

I have a pair of wishbones I no longer need ;) Ball joints need doing though, but they arent bent

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I would say the vast majority of parts are sold with good faith.

the difficulty is trying to identify whos sent something crap and broken knowingly or by genuine mistake/ unawareness

​s

182 FF, A6 Avant
I think I'll just be a bit more cautious now. Or just give in and buy new stuff!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Personally, for wear and tear items (the wishbones & dogbone) you're better buying new. For what they cost and for piece of mind its not something i'd personally skimp on.

Cannot really comment on the gearbox.

If it's something expensive or fragile, eg cup spoiler, I usually wait until there's a seller nearby so I can go and have a look at it first before I commit to buy.

If it's a tow eye or something of little value I'll buy it in good faith and hope the description was accurate.

Had no issues so far.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've had good luck dealing with members, the only bad experience I had was its a trader lol.

the trick is to buy from people you 'trust'... Been a member a while, frequent user, comes across nice in threads etc etc

I wouldn't buy anything from sikclioblud who joined up last Friday and has 3 fs threads and no other posts

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I've had good luck dealing with members, the only bad experience I had was its a trader lol.

the trick is to buy from people you 'trust'... Been a member a while, frequent user, comes across nice in threads etc etc

I wouldn't buy anything from sikclioblud who joined up last Friday and has 3 fs threads and no other posts

Exactly this, people that are frequent posters (sad cvnts i.e me) seem to be easier to trust, the longer you've been here the easier it is TBH.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've had a few bits off here (few expensive bits) and never had issues.

Must admit I do always check the sellers posts on the forum to check up on who I'm buying from ;)

I wouldn't look to buy W&T items personally, false economy, rather spend the extra and get new.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
ITrader used to be brilliant, but think its no longee supported. That gave feedback scores and feedback (good or bad - unlike ebay). The people who have been here for longer are in theory the ones you should be more able to trust. I would say its better if you can collect, as if the item(s) are shite...you can turn them down rather than spend your cash.

If its consumables, check the price for new from someone like Ad and work out whether its worth spending the few quid extra for brand new genuine bits than second hand and maybe not perfect.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Is there any way of having the feedback score back... But rather than having it underneath out avatar, have it on our profile on a page similar to 'username history' and 'infractions'

that way, it shouldn't get abused and people will be able to check up on people's scores

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think I have only ever bought an oil breather pipe and px'd a 182 airbox for a ph1 one but had no issues with either of these. Other than that brand new every time saves buying other people s**t.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is there any way of having the feedback score back... But rather than having it underneath out avatar, have it on our profile on a page similar to 'username history' and 'infractions'

that way, it shouldn't get abused and people will be able to check up on people's scores

IIRC we had feedback thing a few years ago, unsure what happened to the system though?

Passat

Good call

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've bought loads from here, absolutely loads, I've bank transferred other members money for cars on here before, never had an issue. (I think my record is £6k, to someone i've never met, for a car i've never seen! lol)

The only issue i've ever had was me selling some damaged ph1 lights and fog lights, and an HID kit all for £80 (non broken ones were worth double that at the time) and the buyer got all pissy..... Because the damaged lights were damaged. :S I offered him a full refund but never heard anything since.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Maybe I've just had bad luck, but of all the stuff I've bought off here in good faith and being described as in good condition, they all been a load of s**t!

"Working gearbox" was fubar and no use other than for the case.
"Good condition wishbones" one of which is bent!
"good condition powerflex dogbone" with a knackered bush that's fit for the bin.

​Pretty pissed off tonight!

you did happen to buy the bits of .01MPH did you?

If you don't know who that is he works for Bell end breakers iirc??

172 cup
I've bought quite a few items of here and sold alot, for example I did a 300 mile round trip to taunton today for some xenons, lets just hope they're fine when fitted.

Guess you have some bad luck mate.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly this, people that are frequent posters (sad cvnts i.e me) seem to be easier to trust, the longer you've been here the easier it is TBH.

I agree.

​I have had no problems with bits i have bought, and i like to think the same for bits i have sold. A forum should be a place you can trust people with buying/selling. however there are people that lets them down.

172 cup
Utter bellend by the sounds of it. Karma is a b**ch and his turn will be soon hopefully!!

thanks for the link makes good reading

Not had problems as such, some cheap dustcaps that never turned up that I couldn't be arsed to keep chasing up for the sake of £2.50 iirc

everything else has been spot on so far :)

having a bit of trouble with a member atm over a large-ish amount of money (for me at least), which I am really starting to get p*ssed off about as I transferred the money in good faith and have put up with excuses and lack of replies for 3 weeks after the part should have arrived....

Hopefully he is genuine, and his excuses match up with what happened at his end rather than having to mess about trying to claim back this money to get someone else to do the same work for me :/

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Not had problems as such, some cheap dustcaps that never turned up that I couldn't be arsed to keep chasing up for the sake of £2.50 iirc

everything else has been spot on so far :)

having a bit of trouble with a member atm over a large-ish amount of money (for me at least), which I am really starting to get p*ssed off about as I transferred the money in good faith and have put up with excuses and lack of replies for 3 weeks after the part should have arrived....

Hopefully he is genuine, and his excuses match up with what happened at his end rather than having to mess about trying to claim back this money to get someone else to do the same work for me :/

Blimey mate that's not good. Did you use PayPal? What's the time limit for opening a dispute?

FF Racing Blue 182
I've sold some stuff on here and also bought

Just take a look through the sellers posts that would be a good start to see if they would be ok

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cant stand people that make excuses there utter bell ends, just be straight or f**k off into a deep dark hole and never come back tbh useless muppets.

182 FF, A6 Avant
To get this back on track ;)

The wishbones I think must have been damaged in post. Mike managed to straighten it the 1.5mm that it was out!

The gearbox I bought, discussion got a bit heated, but it was Agency themselves telling me that it was buggered and after the seller spoke to them we came to an arrangement.

The dogbone, I have been offered a full refund on this by the seller so fair play to him on that.

All of these were from long standing members on here.

I've got a set of wheels waiting to go on the car in the garage, I'm expecting them to be buckled now ;)

The Paypal claim I submitted was decided in my favour and I got my money back from the engine mounts that didn't show up.

Still annoyed about it but at least I'm not out of pocket.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Touch and go with members these days tbh iv bought and sold quite alot now.. Anything i have sold i check out to be 100% sure its in good condition...if the buyer has any issue il give a refund on return...

172, Tiguan
I've never had any issues and I've bought loads on here. I do always tend to see how long the seller has been around though and his/her post count.

I did buy a secondhand set of wheels once and put them straight in thegarage without looking at them. 6 months later i decided not to use them and sold them on. Without even realising the buyer got in touch and told me one was bent. Bloody embarassing tbh. I refunded the money to get it straightened out.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Bought a fair bit on here and sold a good few things now. Never really had any issues but I am careful who I buy off.

Had an issue when I sent a spoiler to a member on here and I helped him out as much as I could and he got the spoiler in the end after a few days of many phone calls to the courier company.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've never had any issues and I've bought loads on here. I do always tend to see how long the seller has been around though and his/her post count.

THIS ^^^

Gives a VERY good indication of the seller would still be good to get the feedback sestion up and running thou .

Also read the feedback in peoples for sale threads etc , I personally wouldnt but anything from new member low post count TBH