ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying new Recaro's...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Was hoping to buy OEM Recaro's for the LY in the near future; and because they rarely come up for sale second-hand, thought I'd see what they're like new, as I'd seen people say about ~£1200 from Capital, which isn't ideal but wouldn't be the end of the world either.

I got in touch with Capital, and they then forwarded me to a company called K300, and the cheapest option is £945 per seat, without frames. By the time I add frames, it's over £2k.

Is it just case of these not being produced any more? If I was gonna spend that sort of money I'd get the Sportster CS and make them fit instead.

Anyone suggest anywhere else to look, or is that as good as it's gonna get?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mint ones do come up mate, waiting game!

Clart on here sold some right mint ones for circa £750 all in AFAIK. They're not worth the 'new' premium IMO.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I know they do come up, but it's maybe a pair every couple of months, and you have to be in there proper quick - if they didn't cost the earth new then I would've considered just taking the plunge for the bit extra, but now it appears they do cost the earth.

Clio 182 FF
I'd have bought some if they weren't £lol.

I'd bet that if they half their price they would more than double their sales!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a pair. If they fetch £750 I might just f**king sell them! Jesus!

£750?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a 182 with factory fit recaros. Unmarked. Even still got the stupid little leather look pre tensioner covers still on them.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
I sold my r26 recaros on ebay a month or 2 back, buyer hit the buy it now button for £650.

Came all the way from Essex to pick them up, they're in his v6 now.

They're sought after, the amount of watchers was incredible.

Audi A5
I've got a pair. If they fetch £750 I might just f**king sell them! Jesus!

£750?!

And their you have it, one thread and you've got a set on the cards. They are available second hand.

plus bourmouth to Bristol isn't to far.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Best thing i ever did was sell my recaros, they are so fcuking uncomfortable. Look great mind u