ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a 172

Clio 172
hey,
looking at buying a 2002 clio 172 (44k).
how much should i pay if:
a. if it needs 48k service soon?
b. if the cam belt needs replacing also?
it's up for £5,850.
thanks

VaVa
About 5.5k is fair imho

EDIT - Isn't cambelt 72k or 5 years? i.e this year for that car?

In that case then more like 5k. Deffo.

VaVa
Well I think 48k is just a normal service so say £150.

No idea how much a cambelt change is but I bet it's £400 odd.

Since you've no warently on it I'd never leave it longer than 4 years/60k before chnaging the belt its to expensive to leave it till 72k incase it does brake.

mk4 golf gt-tdi
how bout a 52 silver 172 with 48k, had cambelt aux belt and tensioners done monday along with the 48k service, yours for 5700.

mk4 golf gt-tdi
and reno charge £850 for a cambelt and auxbelt change.

make sure its been done before you buy it!

mk4 golf gt-tdi
f**kin ell what reno dealer do u use? ^^

i phoned 3 in my area, for a 48k service and a cam belt,aux belt and all tensioners to be changed they all quoted around the £850 mark. they reckon on around 9 hours labour!

phone them and ask. if id had known how much it was i would have brought one that would have been done.

Mountune Tractor
f**kin ell what reno dealer do u use? ^^

i phoned 3 in my area, for a 48k service and a cam belt,aux belt and all tensioners to be changed they all quoted around the £850 mark. they reckon on around 9 hours labour!

phone them and ask. if id had known how much it was i would have brought one that would have been done.

£440 at ren-tech

Mountune Tractor
yeah i know mate, just giving you a decent example.
I bought my ff 172 for 6k on 52,000, fsh and mint. Bit overpriced I know but I get the piece of mind of a years warranty from the garage.