ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bryan Bro's Moonlight Blue 225

Moonlight Blue 225
We'll do a photoshop (I say we I can't use phosotop so James will). We will do a few colours, but I'm not sure black will go with a blue car. So I'm not entirely sure what colour to do them. I don't even know what finish to get them in gloss or matt? Do you know the bolt sizes truffs?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
** Little Update **

Took it for a Stage 1 Remap at RS Tuning today.

It made 224.9 Standard and 250.8 Mapped.

Quick video including Kris86's R26 and AdamLewis's Audi TT 225

Last edited by a moderator:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of pics of it from today for you-

6526239511_4251a7d70d.jpg

RS Megane by Niall97, on Flickr

6526241569_c436677e2d.jpg

6526243861_bc528eefd2.jpg

6526247891_c703fd8bde.jpg

Moonlight Blue 225
I fixed my rear numberplate lights, put 2 elastic bands round the fitment, to squeeze the connection tighter. I'm gonna do my sidelights tomorrow!

Can't wait to get my new wheels on it, don't like the ones that are on it now.

wheels will be with you asap mate, not as if they are moving lol. for you though i imagine you're like me, not wanting to put them on till spring and ruining them.

Moonlight Blue 225
wheels will be with you asap mate, not as if they are moving lol. for you though i imagine you're like me, not wanting to put them on till spring and ruining them.

Yeh won't be running them till spring, with all the shite on the roads. I need to decide why colour I'm doing them, I'm swaying towards gunmetal grey tbh.

Moonlight Blue 225
droplinks GSF, i need to order 4, sam and truffs said they were getting e one each, putting my wheels on silver next week mate, cba making u wait and i need them on now.

Moonlight Blue 225
Cheer mate! Don't worry about the wheels I'm in no rush, they won't be going on till summer anyway, don't want to ruin them.

Moonlight Blue 225
***little update from us***

Welll the car has been on the back burner for a while now due to work commitments. So i thought it was time to get the car 'fixed up' ready for le mans in june.

Shoping list:

Drop links
Anti-roll bars - the passenger one is taps when turning left, so im just gonna change them all while im at it
New brake pins - ive got them but i cant find them in the house :(
Side lights - as the current ones are flickering
New boost pipe - waiting for ktec to send it out

So between now and le mans in june, i hope nothing else goes wrong as ill have to fix that before we go as well.

John

Moonlight Blue 225
A long awaited update from us.

Ive had some parts for a while that have been needing to go on, but the weather hasnt been good enough for me to do them. So while i had 3 days off this week, and the weather was half decent, i decided to set about swapping the parts. I thought i wouldnt get too far ahead of myself so only decided to do the drop links today.

Some pics (sh*te blackberry ones though):

IMG-20120310-00041.jpg

IMG-20120310-00042.jpg

IMG-20120310-00044.jpg

IMG-20120310-00045.jpg

IMG-20120310-00046.jpg

Whilst changing the drop links we noticed a crack in my front passenger wishbone, so that is going to need replacing at some point. But im not that bothered as im slowly but surely redoing the whole suspension.

IMG-20120310-00047.jpg

Last edited:
  Moonlight Blue 225
So next ive got the short lateral drop links, front wishbones, braided brake lines, brake fluid and brake pins.

P.s. whist i/we was changing the drop links my brother cleaned my car (ive only got the one pic of that)

IMG-20120310-00040.jpg

Moonlight Blue 225
Nah mate not yet. 10 hour shifts mate so not had time, ill fire him a text tomorrow, if i get chance/remember.

Im gonna start cracking on with this now, it was cleaned for the first time on saturday :eek: so it looks mint now.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looked great on Sunday mate!

Such an awesome colour. Although you need some rummage ASAP. :eek:

It'd look brutal on black R26.R wheels.

340i
I think I need a new set of drop links.. getting a knocking on the passenger side, DOH!

Did you fit gen. or motor factor items?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Reckon black would work on dark blue/black/purple... it's a really weird colour to work with.

I think I need a new set of drop links.. getting a knocking on the passenger side, DOH!

Genuine mate.... Renault Parts Direct: http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1474&category_id=62&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

£26 each, fairly cheap really.... the lower arms are £47 each though!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's actually my brother's car, but yes there was knocking when cornering.

I think this has sorted it for now, but we're slowly refurbing most of the front suspension.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Nah mate not yet. 10 hour shifts mate so not had time, ill fire him a text tomorrow, if i get chance/remember.

Im gonna start cracking on with this now, it was cleaned for the first time on saturday :eek: so it looks mint now.

Good stuff!

Let me know what you find out! I'm in desperate need of a pair of wishbones!

Still..... Ready for Le-Mans? ;)

Genuineeeeeeee, don't be a cheapskate ;)

Moonlight Blue 225

Its a blue car so im not sure on black wheels. Fancy doing a photoshop for me with them on ;)

Mine was knocking too, so now i need to a few other bits to get it to stop.....FML

Good stuff!

Let me know what you find out! I'm in desperate need of a pair of wishbones!

Still..... Ready for Le-Mans? ;)

Genuineeeeeeee, don't be a cheapskate ;)

yeh it'll be ready for le mans..................hopefully :S

P.s.ive text rich asking him about the wishbones, so i'll let you know mate.

Last edited:
  Moonlight Blue 225
Not been on here for nearly a year :eek:

So just letting everyone know the megane is still on the road, its being serviced and all that stuff with the guys at BTM, and is running perfect.

Its got brand new cooksport suspension (I will get pics up when i have access to a camera), it also has the standard wheels on it, thanks to Naith :D so its looking a lot better.

The old wheels are for sale is anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Sport-V6-Replica-Alloy-Wheels-/121075136283?