ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bryan Bro's Moonlight Blue 225

Moonlight Blue 225
After seeing other megane progress threads on here, I thought id throw up one for my new Moonlight Blue phase 1 225. These pictures don’t give the colour justice, most people won’t like it but once it’s clean and the sun hits it, the colour is amazing.

Collecting the car:

5894996733_a6fef49531.jpg

Told Renault not to give it a detail, as my bro would do it for me. Yeh it’s a swirl bus but that can be sorted.
So here is a couple of pics from its first ‘mini’ detail. Still a lot of detailing to do especially on the back but hey, there is loads of other stuff to sort first…………

5894997443_d22950d2fc.jpg

5895564884_6614e28a09.jpg

5895565452_a3e7320a59.jpg

5895565738_3525494a6e.jpg

5895566156_a5c2817a29.jpg

This week Renault are doing:

Major service
Brakes
Tracking
Wheel balancing

Future plans

225 cup wheels……………….ASAP
Tyres
Panel filter
Remap

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's going to take some time to correct the paint. Got rid of most of the surface defects, but there are still some RDS (random deeps scratches) all over really.

Two hits on the bonnet, front bumper and wings is what we did in about 2 hours.

cancel renault, take it to irish.

i actually like them wheels!!! they must sit out of the arches too being v6 wheels, whats the offset and tyre size on them?

actually as if you'll know i'll check myself.

great car though, i'd love a ph1 meggy!

Moonlight Blue 225
you mad? i owe you a favour don't forget! ;)

In due time my friend, in due time........................... if/when something brakes its coming straight to you :)

cancel renault, take it to irish.

i actually like them wheels!!! they must sit out of the arches too being v6 wheels, whats the offset and tyre size on them?

actually as if you'll know i'll check myself.

great car though, i'd love a ph1 meggy!

I dont even know what that means haha :(

Cupra
That looks nice. Moonlight is an ace colour when clean and polished, it's just a pity that it doesn't stay that way for long.

My family bus (still wish I had stuck to my guns with the wife and gone for a three door. :( )

5737810844_f4c3a99765_z.jpg

320d
B00st bus. I'm so glad you didn't have this in Le Mans. I would have been lost permanently.

Looking forward to seeing the progress. I'd bet you'd get decent money for them wheels on ebay!

225 Cup & Williams
That looks nice. Moonlight is an ace colour when clean and polished, it's just a pity that it doesn't stay that way for long.

My family bus (still wish I had stuck to my guns with the wife and gone for a three door. :( )

I think that look's sweet, 5 door 225's don't look that bad tbh.

Moonlight Blue 225

Want them wheels, or the 225 cup wheels!

I'd say you could have 3 of my 4 wheels as i'm near on changing mine, but doubt you'd want them black.... saying that not as if i'd charge you much and they could be refurbed.

looking at getting a new wheel this week on the back thats straight then we'll see.

noty gonna sell you the buckled one, thats just bang out! :)

oh and needs cupraR front splitter, i'll fit it if you get it.

Cupra
Seat splitters a really cheap compared to the Renault counterparts. The Cupra R splitter is less than £40 IIRC.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers!

Just need to find the time as John is always working. That's why we've only managed to do the bonnet, front bumper and wings. They need more refining though.

Moonlight Blue 225
I'd say you could have 3 of my 4 wheels as i'm near on changing mine, but doubt you'd want them black.... saying that not as if i'd charge you much and they could be refurbed.

looking at getting a new wheel this week on the back thats straight then we'll see.

noty gonna sell you the buckled one, thats just bang out! :)

oh and needs cupraR front splitter, i'll fit it if you get it.

Was thinking antra, or just plain silver, what would you guys recommend?

anth for yours, and stick to phase 1 wheels, they have ended up being rarer than the ph2 wheels, i love them if i'm honest, just dont suit my future needs thats all.

I'll give her the once over this weekend if you want? sunday?

Moonlight Blue 225
anth for yours, and stick to phase 1 wheels, they have ended up being rarer than the ph2 wheels, i love them if i'm honest, just dont suit my future needs thats all.

I'll give her the once over this weekend if you want? sunday?

Yeh me and our james are planning to carry on with it sunday if you fancy coming down? We've only done the bonnet and front wings up to now, so the rest needs doing.

Moonlight Blue 225
Few problems with the meg since i brought it. All the belts have been done but not the tentioners? Is this sufficient?

Now the new problem is the engine management light comes on after idling for about 2/3 mins, and it idles like a bag of s**t, what could this be?

John

Lotus Elise
Few problems with the meg since i brought it. All the belts have been done but not the tentioners? Is this sufficient?

NO! Seriously take it back and moan like f*ck, demand the tensioners are changed and the EML light fixed. Did you buy it from a Reno garage?

M135i and the shed

Now the new problem is the engine management light comes on after idling for about 2/3 mins, and it idles like a bag of s**t, what could this be?

John

What Sam said. No, the tensioners are a weak point and need changing at the same time as the belt. EML and rough idle is likely to be injectors.