ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken nipples

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Ok, so when I did a full service not too long ago, both bleed nipples of the rear calipers sheared off. I didnt even put any big strain on them...Anyway, I will have to replace them eventually,

18058104701_be522a8d82_b.jpg
Broken Bleed Nipple by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

1) are these the correct ones? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231465144606
2) Anyone has a good tip on how to remove? I wanted to slam a torx bit in there & try to get it out. There isnt enough to hold on to it with a good grip wrench. Worst case scenario: drill it out?

I have a pressure bleeder (Eezibleed), so small bits wouldnt be able to stay in the brake lines.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
You sure you can't get it with some decent mole/vice grips? Looks to be a good couple of mm free there. Failing that you could try some bolt/stud extractors. I have a set made by Irwin, but it only goes down to 10mm I think. They do sets with smaller ones though. They bite into the outside edge as you turn.

Something like this

bolt-extractors-802.jpg

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Thanks! Will be ordering them.

@coverman
2 late, plus I need to drive to an Aldi etc, which cost me time and money. Now I have someone deliver it to my desk hehe :smile:

dan's cast offs.
try some left handed drill bits. normally when you get close to the size of the thread it will pick up and start to turn it out.