ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken nipples

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Ok, so when I did a full service not too long ago, both bleed nipples of the rear calipers sheared off. I didnt even put any big strain on them...Anyway, I will have to replace them eventually,

18058104701_be522a8d82_b.jpg
Broken Bleed Nipple by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

1) are these the correct ones? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231465144606
2) Anyone has a good tip on how to remove? I wanted to slam a torx bit in there & try to get it out. There isnt enough to hold on to it with a good grip wrench. Worst case scenario: drill it out?

I have a pressure bleeder (Eezibleed), so small bits wouldnt be able to stay in the brake lines.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You sure you can't get it with some decent mole/vice grips? Looks to be a good couple of mm free there. Failing that you could try some bolt/stud extractors. I have a set made by Irwin, but it only goes down to 10mm I think. They do sets with smaller ones though. They bite into the outside edge as you turn.

Something like this

bolt-extractors-802.jpg

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Thanks! Will be ordering them.

@coverman
2 late, plus I need to drive to an Aldi etc, which cost me time and money. Now I have someone deliver it to my desk hehe :smile:

dan's cast offs.
try some left handed drill bits. normally when you get close to the size of the thread it will pick up and start to turn it out.