ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
No I'll be taking both the crownwheel and pinion as a matched pair from one TL4 and using them in another - the early 197 box actually as that has a longer 1-3 to avoid them becoming usless and a shorter 5&6. Vs. my 200 spec box that is.
It'll be a sweet setup as ratios 1-2 work out the same as the 200 is now, then everything from there is shorter, 3rd not too much shorter than now (again ideal), but 4th and especially 5&6 are getting a nice reduction :wink: It will be 137@7700 and my 6th will be as my 5th is now.
won't it start drinking as a Templar?...or is the car track only?

Clio 200
Meh, I'll just drive slower :smiley: If I'm using it for any distance I'm usually on mileage anyway as I work from home. If there was no road use at all I'd probably use the 5.0 from Gripper - although at £900 I probably wouldn't!!

Back in ye' old days when I had 5 speed boxes, iirc was my 106 rallye with a 1.4xsi FD did 143@7800, and I never found that box an issue so should be pretty similar but of course with a tighter mix in the middle. It 'should' be the ideal compromise between fun/track and daily/road.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not really much to update on this atm. No time, no interest and generally fucked off with being messed around by suppliers of parts. This is how it currently stands:
image.jpg
Wires everywhere. Lol! The DR25 raychem has all finally arrived now so I should really think about making a start on it again.
There is however a real danger of it being split and stripped down to be replaced with one of these:
image.jpg
Only time will tell if my interest comes back or not. 😞

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Not really much to update on this atm. No time, no interest and generally fucked off with being messed around by suppliers of parts. This is how it currently stands:View attachment 130091Wires everywhere. Lol! The DR25 raychem has all finally arrived now so I should really think about making a start on it again.
There is however a real danger of it being split and stripped down to be replaced with one of these:View attachment 130092Only time will tell if my interest comes back or not. 😞
Nooooo... Think how much it will hurt falling off that bike ! This is the best thread on here by a mile, can't wait to see it finished.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nooooo... Think how much it will hurt falling off that bike ! This is the best thread on here by a mile, can't wait to see it finished.
Unfortunately I know all to well how much it hurts to fall off a bike mate. It doesn't put me off though either.
Thanks for the kind words, but atm I'm not sure if or when it will be finished.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Be a shame if you did get rid of it after all this work but the BMW is nice.
Which one would you get the most use out of, and when did you last ride a bike on the road?
I don't like riding on the road now as much as I did (I only done 16 miles from my last MOT to the latest one Saturday)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Be a shame if you did get rid of it after all this work but the BMW is nice.
Which one would you get the most use out of, and when did you last ride a bike on the road?
I don't like riding on the road now as much as I did (I only done 16 miles from my last MOT to the latest one Saturday)
Yeah it would be a shame I agree. It's something that I need to think through thoroughly.
Difficult to say which i'd get the most use out of tbh mate. Both the car and the bike are a very focussed bit of machinery. In a perfect world I'd have both. Lol!
I last rode a bike on the road around 3-4 years ago officially, but I've had blasts on a few of my mates bikes in the last few weeks (gsxr 1000 and R1).
What bike you got mate?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Aprilia shiver 750 had it 6 years now, had a couple of sv650s and a CBR600 over the years.
I borrowed a KTM RC8 a while ago for a few days and although it was a good bike it was just not useable at normal speeds.

Can't you keep the car and get a older 600?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Aprilia shiver 750 had it 6 years now, had a couple of sv650s and a CBR600 over the years.
I borrowed a KTM RC8 a while ago for a few days and although it was a good bike it was just not useable at normal speeds.

Can't you keep the car and get a older 600?
Ah right. Tbf, most modern sports bikes are borderline on unuseable on the road due to the way they make 'progress'.

Nah I wouldn't get the same thrill from a 600 mate. You need to absolutely scream them to make them shift!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. Tbf, most modern sports bikes are borderline on unuseable on the road due to the way they make 'progress'.

Nah I wouldn't get the same thrill from a 600 mate. You need to absolutely scream them to make them shift!

Know what you mean about the 600's they are hard work.
I always wanted a SP1 or 2 love twins and a lot more useable with all the torque

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Got to get it finished off Mark, be criminal not to given how good its looking even in an unfinished state.

Did you say you were booked on to run it at the Oulton Rsport day again this year dude?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I know how you feel when you hit a brick wall with something.
After doing MX for 10 years I just got bored of rebuilding engines, getting wrong parts and generally spending more time working on the bike than riding it.
Ive had a few goes on 600s and I found them plenty powerful, although ive not ridden anything above that on the road so I cant really compare.
Have rode 450f's offroad but you cant beat a 125 2stroke to ring the neck of.
The engine is a beauty though, would be a shame...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I know how you feel when you hit a brick wall with something.
After doing MX for 10 years I just got bored of rebuilding engines, getting wrong parts and generally spending more time working on the bike than riding it.
Ive had a few goes on 600s and I found them plenty powerful, although ive not ridden anything above that on the road so I cant really compare.
Have rode 450f's offroad but you cant beat a 125 2stroke to ring the neck of.
The engine is a beauty though, would be a shame...
With the 1000's I've ridden you need to be climbing all over the tank to keep the front wheel down if your giving it anything over a qtr of a turn of throttle. Lol! The S1000's are quite user friendly though from what I'm seeing. Different modes for power delivery etc.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome thread, I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
Cheers.

Stop being a tart like me and get this beauty finished! :smile:
Who you calling a tart! Lol! Should be collecting your rad on Friday btw. It's been done since the weekend, but currently don't know whether to s**t or go blind with being so busy.

Fair play mate, will keep an eye out for you :wink:
Well now I know what you look like I'll be able to keep an eye out for you too! Friends on bookface too! :hearteyes: Lol!

Cheers.

Who you calling a tart! Lol! Should be collecting your rad on Friday btw. It's been done since the weekend, but currently don't know whether to s**t or go blind with being so busy.

Well now I know what you look like I'll be able to keep an eye out for you too! Friends on bookface too! :hearteyes: Lol!

No rush matey :) don't worry.

Might even be making a trip up your way soon anyway, if my Gripper doesn't stop leaking x

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'll give you 50p for it.

You complete bender, get it finished, run it at Oulton day then make your decision.

After all, that bike rear seat doesn't look to comfortable for me to sit on. The clio passenger seat on the other hand.....

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'll give you 50p for it.

You complete bender, get it finished, run it at Oulton day then make your decision.

After all, that bike rear seat doesn't look to comfortable for me to sit on. The clio passenger seat on the other hand.....
My hearts just not in it atm mate and oulton is a definite no I'm afraid.
I've also been to look at a few bikes this weekend just gone.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
My hearts just not in it atm mate and oulton is a definite no I'm afraid.
I've also been to look at a few bikes this weekend just gone.

Ignore it for a couple of weeks. Then get back on the horse.

Don't make me come up there and get all huffy and puffy!!

Regards Oulton - you can passenger in the flamemobile and show me the lines :)