ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes Squeak slightly !!!

Clio MK 4
Basically they seem to only squeek when going very slow whilst braking. There are times where it doesn't do it though.

I've only just had my MOT and full service a month ago and I'm sure they cleaned the brakes as part as the service. And got no advisories on the brakes them selves?

Any ideas, is it possible it could just need greasing or cleaning? As really cant afford new brakes?

Clio 182FF
Mine squeek when very slowly braking (ie at traffic lights etc...) I know my pads are ollllllllllllld though.

Clio MK 4
weird thing is it doesnt do it all the time. but once it does it once it'll keep doing it for the rest of the journet.

Mine have just started doing it, (green stuff pads). I've read on here, taking out the pads and putting copper grease on the backs of them can cure the squeaking.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Mine now doing this over quite a lot of use. Using DS2500 pads and HC discs.

Have a very slight squeak at low speeds.

Will get wheels off over weekend and take a look.

Shims were removed on fitting and pads filed down!

182 f/f
Any update on this bearne1 as i just carried out the exact same set up as you (including the shim removal and filing:D) and it is a total squeak fest!!

Seat Ibiza
Take the wheels off and pour boiling hot water over them, thats what I have done. Worked a treat :)

Seat Ibiza
how does that work then?

Cleans all the brake dust out the way. As the squeaking is caused by vibrations.
The easiest way to be done, as I don't like to use copper slip as all the brake dust sticks to this and makes a mess.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
mine have squeeked from day 1. i changed my disc and pads at the same time and the squeeking began straight away. I'll try the boiling water trick but tbh i think im just gonna try some different pads.

Took mine out, wire brushed out the inside of the caliper, removed a tonne of dust, used clutch/brake pad cleaner aerosol, applied copper grease to backs, annnnd no squealing.

My rears do it a little. Both pads and discs are brand new (OEM discs, cheapo pads).

Only ever really noticed it when I was stuck in a traffic queue on a steep downhill slope. Was squealing away then. Rest of the time I don't notice it.