ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake recommendation cant be brembos/fedoros

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Ive pretty much worn out my OEM pads on my C4, which have been ok so far noticabley stonger brakes than the clios were an but the stopping distance is increasing, so there on their way out. I want to increase the aggression of the brakes abit with grooved discs and uprated pads. ive looked into the brembo and fedoro 2500 setup you rave about on the clio, but sadly neither cater for my car (well the do but NO one stocks them in the uk apprently). Ive researched every where and there are only a hand full of choices avaliable to me.
discs, EBC (turbo groove or ultimax), Nitrac (8,12 or 16 grooved) and Tarox (G88, sport japan)
Pads, Tarox-112, EBC-green and fedoro-DS performance.

of the parts available can someone recommend a half decent combo for fast road use?

106 GTI
why do they need to be grooved?
Although the grooves help disipitate heat theres actually less contact points for the pad to bite on

ITB'd MK1
dont bother with EBC disks or pads, the discs will have no grooves left in no time at all, and the pads will fall to pieces.

Standard disks from a reasonable quality manufacturer (ATE, Brembo, QH, etc) and some Mintex 1144 pads, and you should have lots of feel back

dont bother with EBC disks or pads, the discs will have no grooves left in no time at all, and the pads will fall to pieces.

Standard disks from a reasonable quality manufacturer (ATE, Brembo, QH, etc) and some Mintex 1144 pads, and you should have lots of feel back

I've got Yellow Stuff pads on my 172Cup and they're awsome, what time shall I expect them to fall to pieces? :S