ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake caliper rebuild kits

Dodgy one
Where do you guys get them from? I've seen big red do a few seals for £25

I will shortly have a spare set of calipers to refurb, Which i'd like to reseal, fit new nipples and fit new sliders.

I rang Renault and they quoted me over £100 for all the bits, I'm waiting on a response from Wests Renault on here, I'l guess he'l shave that down a fair chunk mind

but in the meantime is there anywhere else online that i would be able to price up the above parts? My local factors dont seem to stock spares!

Recaro'd 182
big red just refurbed my rear calipers and i got them all done. They look really good. I would go for the seal kit if i didnt want them painting.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
I had a big red kit arrive yesterday for my rears. £25 for the pair of rears as opposed to £40 a side from Renault.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I bought the Big red kit, mine have been done for over 2 years with no problems.

​I even replaced the pistons.

clio 182 sport
I bought the Big red kit, mine have been done for over 2 years with no problems.

​I even replaced the pistons.

exscuse my stupidness lol i have never taken brakes apart before ( will be getting a mate to help me ) what do i need to replace?? do the pistons come with the repair kit?? is it an easy job??

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The pistons are extra, remove them square so not to damage the sides.

All you get in the seal kit is the big dust seal and the rubber seal that stops the brake fluid leaking out of the caliper (like a square O ring)

If you not to sure then i hope your mate has a clue, not knowing what you are doing when playing with brakes is a dangerous thing to do.

When you have stripped the calipers make sure they are 1000000% clean where the seal sits.

Put a little fluid on the new seal before fitting and then onto the sides of the piston. This will help get the seal in and help slide the piston back in.

The dust seal can be a bit of a pig but im sure your mate will work it out.