ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caliper rebuild - is it really that hard?

Having read umpteen threads on here, a lot of other forum guides for rebuilding calipers in general as well as watching a lot of videos on YouTube to get a general idea of the rough process/what needs to be done I'm left wondering if it's really as hard as some people make it out to be?

I was thinking about getting a spare pair, so I'd have plenty of time to do it. Would use new seal kit (including slider boots), pistons & bleed screws, new sliders bolts if needed, correct greases (red stuff for seals/silicone for the sliders) etc.. Many people seem to get theirs done by a business or buy already refurbed ones from said business'. I've already changed my brake hoses & fluid so feel confident about bleeding the system and would do it one caliper at a time when fitting, using a gunsun pressure bleed kit.

Is it really as hard as some seem to make it out to be?

dan's cast offs.
it's worth pricing them already done though, you can get some good deals though. am sure i've had rears for around £40?

I want to do my rears but I've read something about the ratcheting mechanism for the pistons is hard to get right after its been taken apart?

Many.
Don't take apart the ratchet mech. Just grease it. No need to do anything to them really.

Seals are the same as fronts etc.